WTB- forte II in Minnesota

iaRIVR

Hi All-

Started off on this site asking for help finding a pair of KG4s and getting a great set. They are fantastic, but looking for something a little bigger and clearer. After a lot of research, for my setup and conditions settled on the forte ii. Will be pairing with an HK 430 I just restored and somehow managed to not mess up too bad.  

Any cosmetic condition is fine as long as the work, prefer stock but open to anything. Willing to drive fairly far, I was planning to drive 5 hours one way this weekend for a pair but they disappeared.  

Appreciate any leads and thanks!

Mike

Edited by iaRIVR

45 minutes ago, iaRIVR said:

rplace- at the moment unfortunately yes, that would be about 17 hours for me.  I probably should have been a little more specific, beyond 5-6 hours the cost of gas alone is going probably going to make it too expensive.  Thanks though.  

I drove to 400+ miles to St.Cloud in the snow to get my Chorus II's. Believe me it so worth it. Even consider Hotel and restaurant costs if necessary. The most important thing to do is to secure the sale first. Scouts honor is not always going to hold up. Often these speakers are listed and sold to the first contact had, within hours they are gone like the last Milwaukee craigslist Forte II's that sold immediately 2 weeks ago now, to a very lucky buyer who I later heard was tickled pink. They will not sit. Most will hold them till you arrive, but some reassurance will be necessary on the longer trips. I had one guy hold a pair of JBL's I bought for 3 weeks for me, while he was on vacation, because I was first contact. In that case the JBL's remained listed and he accepted calls the whole time, but eventually raised his price and held firm. If I had prepaid, maybe I would tell another story.

No worries, and completely agree about securing the sale and factoring additional costs.  I had a line on a set in Iowa through Craigslist, don't know that happened but I had a bad feeling I would drive 5 hours and no one would be home.

Would much prefer to buy though someone here if possible.

1 hour ago, iaRIVR said:

rplace- at the moment unfortunately yes, that would be about 17 hours for me.  I probably should have been a little more specific, beyond 5-6 hours the cost of gas alone is going probably going to make it too expensive.  Thanks though.  

Close to D.C., Philly and Baltimore. Vacation with speaker pick up. :biggrin: Long shot but I might be traveling to Michigan in the next month or so.

36 minutes ago, baron167 said:

@rplace, what finish? Thanks

Oiled Oak. They are stunning. Still have the foam corners that goes with the boxes. I don't really need the money but would sell them to the right buyer that will love them and treasure them as I have. Not actively trying to sell them but have kicked around the idea in my head. I probably need to sell off some speakers in the not too distant future. They have probably been used 10 hours in the last 15 years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rplace said:

Close to D.C., Philly and Baltimore. Vacation with speaker pick up. :biggrin: Long shot but I might be traveling to Michigan in the next month or so.

Oiled Oak. They are stunning. Still have the foam corners that goes with the boxes. I don't really need the money but would sell them to the right buyer that will love them and treasure them as I have. Not actively trying to sell them but have kicked around the idea in my head. I probably need to sell off some speakers in the not too distant future. They have probably been used 10 hours in the last 15 years.

Understood. I'm an Oiled Walnut nut myself. 🙂