Imagine My Frustration

baszha

Imagine a pallet load of Klipsch speakers....to be more specific...

2 RF-7lll,s

2 115SW,s

1 RC-64

2 RP-502,s

All of which are sitting in your garage on the pallet waiting to be installed.

Also on this list of frustration is a Denon X4400H and a Emotiva XPA-5 GEN3 w/250 wpc.

But none of this can be installed until you don't no when....You see...my listening room is having a major make over. I just had the room painted. Next is carpet for the room and adjoining room. So I need to get all the cables under the carpet first. 

I live in Montana and have a very steep driveway that requires 4 wheel drive to get up and down during the winter so I am pressed for time to get the carpet done. Which I was going to be done here very soon. Well that plan went south because now my water heater needs to be replaced and the guy cant get to it for three weeks. closing the window of time before the snow falls. It is driving me crazy!!!  there is a very real possibility that I wont be able to get my system set up until spring...unless we have a very dry winter. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baszha said:

Well that plan went south because now my water heater needs to be replaced and the guy cant get to it for three weeks.

I know Montana doesn't have an abundance of access to skilled workers like West Virginia does (ahem 🤓) but even in Montana, isn't there another "the guy" who can install your water heater sooner than that?

If not, can you get the water heater transported to your house for installation later?  Let Lowes or someone truck it out there?

I wouldn't mind going without hot water for three weeks, but three weeks with all that nice new Klipsch stuff sitting in the garage?  I'd never make it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can relate to that.  Imagine building a new house where nothing really gets done in a timely manner and one section needing to be done is always dependent on another to get their part done.  That's where I'm at right now along with living in a tiny a$$ rent house.  Oh the joys...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, baszha said:

2 RF-7lll,s

2 115SW,s

1 RC-64

2 RP-502,s

Also on this list of frustration is a Denon X4400H and a Emotiva XPA-5 GEN3 w/250 wpc.

But none of this can be installed until you don't no when....You see...my listening room is having a major make over. I just had the room painted. Next is carpet for the room and adjoining room. So I need to get all the cables under the carpet first. 

I live in Montana and have a very steep driveway that requires 4 wheel drive to get up and down during the winter so I am pressed for time to get the carpet done. Which I was going to be done here very soon. Well that plan went south because now my water heater needs to be replaced and the guy cant get to it for three weeks. closing the window of time before the snow falls. It is driving me crazy!!!  there is a very real possibility that I wont be able to get my system set up until spring...unless we have a very dry winter. 

Well, is there no other room in the house where you can unpack those boxes and break your new system in?  

51 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I know Montana doesn't have an abundance of access to skilled workers like West Virginia does (ahem 🤓) but even in Montana, isn't there another "the guy" who can install your water heater sooner than that?

If not, can you get the water heater transported to your house for installation later?  Let Lowes or someone truck it out there?

I wouldn't mind going without hot water for three weeks, but three weeks with all that nice new Klipsch stuff sitting in the garage?  I'd never make it!

Yes there are other guys,  but I really like this guy and his prices......it,s a frustrating position to be in for sure

• Like 1

I too live in the Pacific Northwest. You need to find a reliable handyman and stick with that person for all your projects and still plan on them taking a long time. My personal experince has been that ‘mediocre’ is normal so finding a ‘good’ resource is paramount.  That said you too need to be willing to get into each project.  If you’re waiting for carpet why not lay wires? If there’s old carpet - remove it yourself (assuming you’re healthy enough to wield a knife). If you choose to rely upon tradesmen where they are few and far between you’ll be begging for frustration in  this neck of the woods (pun intended).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baszha said:

Yes there are other guys,  but I really like this guy and his prices......it,s a frustrating position to be in for sure

I know what you mean. 

I have a guy for my Honda's and he's been taking care of my cars for 25 years.  He's known as the Honda Guy.  I also have a guy for my plumbing, Pete the Plumber.

Once you find somebody you can trust it's hard to turn your stuff over to anyone else.

• Like 2

Have you opened the carton's and checked inside, since they're in the garage, seems like you might of ??? - usually, there is only so long before a claim can be filed if you find freight damage, nevertheless, the component warranty becomes that much shorter too, so here's an idea... 

• Set 'em up in the Garage on a 8x10 patio rug (they are discounted for the end of the summer) …. enjoy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, windashine said:

Have you opened the carton's and checked inside, since they're in the garage, seems like you might of ??? - usually, there is only so long before a claim can be filed if you find freight damage, nevertheless, the component warranty becomes that much shorter too, so here's an idea... 

• Set 'em up in the Garage on a 8x10 patio rug (they are discounted for the end of the summer) …. enjoy

Wow I had not thought of that in the case of damage....No I have not opened up the boxes....I better do that and check for damage..thanks for the headsup

• Like 1

I also wondered about your driveway, where mention of a 4x4 was involved...

2 hours ago, baszha said:

Imagine...

I live in Montana and have a very steep driveway that requires 4 wheel drive to get up and down.....

Is your driveway like this ???  I did a google for "Steep driveway's" lol

19Homes-2 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, windashine said:

I also wondered about your driveway, where mention of a 4x4 was involved...

Is your driveway like this ???  I did a google for "Steep driveway's" lol

19Homes-2 (2).jpg

WTF? "I had an accident backing out of my garage" No sheet?

On what planet does this pass building codes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, baszha said:

2 RF-7lll,s

2 115SW,s

1 RC-64

2 RP-502,s

Now, you have to start thinking like a real Klipsch forum member.  There is a way and get that old brain churning.  Good luck getting up and running.😊.

• Like 1