About to purchase - Atmos

motodop

I am about to purchase a system for Atmos 

4x  RP-280FA for front Left & right and surround Ls/Rs  plus 4 channels of reflected Atmos height channels

1x RP-450 for Center

1x R-112 SW Subwoofer

I have no real idea if this is system that could be improved upon but I'mhoping i have picked the right pieces. Any thoughts of it this system will work well for Atmos?

• Like 1

Thanks rebuy. I am looking at Denon or Marantz and solely concentrating on a 9.2 receiver, which can support Dolby Vison, HDR10, HLG, 4K video upscaling and HDCP 2.2 processing on all HDMI ports. With the 4x 280FA's obviously I want to take advantages of 4 overheads (or reflected overheads). ARC is important too if stability improves of this path to get SMART TV App Atmos content from the TV to the ARC port. Call me crazy but I do not find all the other add-ons of Airplay 2, stream with Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Alexa as in anyway important to my listening pleasure.

AVR-X4500H 4K AV or Marantz SR6013 maybe.

I wasn't sure if the RP-280FA would be a good matching set to the RP-450

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great plan for the upgrade. I've personally had Atmos for over 3 years now (with top-mounted up-firing speakers) & with a new AVR you should be ready to rock the HT with a new experience. New releases & even older catalog titles benefit from an Atmos track. Congrats !