F'ing mosquitos

USNRET

That is all. I need to mow, well only the parts that are not under water. Bride thinks the neighbors will call the guys with the white jackets but I ain't mowing without netting tucked around me on the ZTR.

Having a ZTR should disqualify you from complaining. I'm basically only going outside to a vehicle or there are fans and bbq smoke involved. I hate those blood sucking *******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

JJ the sterilizing has a way to go it seems.  Mike, deep woods off is rated the best repellent, it works pretty good.  

It seems that DWO are slushies to these tankers. The two high school marching band kiddos are getting eatin alive during practice, game this Friday will be agonizing with the standing water. Boss is interrupting my time by exclaiming “retire in the desert”!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, baron167 said:

Having a ZTR should disqualify you from complaining.

You do have a point, they are nice. 

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Boss is interrupting my time by exclaiming “retire in the desert”!

Then it would be cactus, scorpions and rattlesnakes, dust and rocks. :o

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

When on the ZTR just be sure to let go of the handles before waving off one of those buggers!!

Never tried one but from watching them your right, go to hit a mosquito and run into a tree or get thrown off.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
15 hours ago, dtel said:

You do have a point, they are nice. 

Then it would be cactus, scorpions and rattlesnakes, dust and rocks. :o

And Willybob

Never thought about that, one of the most odd animals out there,  but he should be easy to spot, if he is not turned sideways. He says he is real thin, may look like a Q-tip ? 

58 minutes ago, Speed said:

I've lived in the desert. Mosquitos were 100 times worse there, then in the lush forests of Oregon. I can't figure that out...

Please have your skeeters spayed, or neutered...

We have no mosquitoes in Las Vegas.  I have only encountered them at the lake.  You can leave your door open without a screen.

I cannot live anywhere where there are mosquitoes.  I went to Oregon and loved it but the Mosquitoes were awful.  I remember at Crater Lake, we could not stop moving the entire hike and even then they kept on us.  We couldn't go to the park or the Rogue River for any length of time either. 

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

In Ohio they don't seem to bother us when we are busting butt working and sweating. A least that's what I remember 68 years ago bailing hay when I was around 10 years old..

JJK

They still bother me plenty. I used to give no credit to the people that jokingly said "Oh, you're just so sweet." Turns out they weren't too far off base. I read an article not too long ago that came to that conclusion.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Speed said:

I've lived in the desert. Mosquitos were 100 times worse there, then in the lush forests of Oregon. I can't figure that out...

Please have your skeeters spayed, or neutered...

I have to say, being from South louisiana I have some experience with mosquitos but was always surprised when we went camping one hour North and there were no mosquitos.

We could never figure it out, lakes, ponds and other water in and around the campgrounds and no mosquitos, we could sit outside at night.

We now live one hour north of New Orleans and we rarely have mosquitos here and we can sit outside with no problems and we have a 1.5 acre pond and 12 smaller ponds. One small pond out by the bar 6'x 25', the other 11 are about 20' x 40' and no mosquitos, I have no idea what causes them in some areas ?