F'ing mosquitos

USNRET

On 9/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Were you in Carson City

30 miles east of Reno. Small town named Fernley...

Family and friends went on a three day float trip, in 3 six man rafts down the Rogue from Grants Pass. The jet boat trip up the Rogue from Gold Beach, is incredible. You go 52 miles up river in a 35 to 40 foot aluminum jet boat, and back. It's an 8 hour trip. Lot's of rapids, and you will be wet ! Jerry's Rogue Jets.com.

• Like 1

I am low on blood. Hope the rum is a suitable replacement. Been out 4-5 times today to mow and weed eat. Horrible. Stores out of After Bite and all things bug spray. Still have areas holding water or stinky mush. Swating mosquitoes while spraying wasp nests is a thrill.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

No issues with mosquitos, but the crickets will easily drive one insane down my way.   Someone tell me how to get rid of these vile beings.   

Easy, Play some Metallica louder than the crickets and you will not notice them. Or perhaps, a flame thrower to the surrounding scrub might do the trick. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richieb said:

=== ya’ll remember Miner Mark? He apparently spent years mining and fighting bugs. He swore by Repel lemon & eucalyptus. Bought it at Wal Mart. Worth a try ?

I took his advice and it works great unfortunately, I am out and there had been a run at the local stores. Shelves are empty

i'm of the opinion, one of your family members has a compound,  as seen yesterday in another world, it was black and natural, which could be applied to the un-duct taped area's of the driver of the zero turn mower, then mow in reverse to furthermore throw a wrench in the skeeters plan's, nevertheless, if mowing early sunday morning, you'll have a crowd of curious neighbors, and the mosquitos will be at that buffet line..... and as a precaution, wear aviation goggles, but you have to maintain a level of control, as if driving with a glass of water on the dash...

Might work for ya...  Black flies and all bugs won't EVEN come close.  Went on a week fishing trip up in Canada w/a golfer buddy.  He told me a couple weeks before I left to get a bottle of Campho-Phenique and every day to put the bottle on my tongue and tip it up then back down.  Did it every day even when we were up there to.  Just enough so you could taste it.  NO MORE!  The camphor gets into your system and is excreted thru the pores of your skin.  Far out?  I thought he was nuts yet did it.  Works like a charm!  NOTHING landed or if it did it was gone in a heartbeat!  :)

Bugs on the nose of your car?  Dump a wad of baking soda on your sponge and rub over the remaains.  GONE!  Or you can buy the bug remover for $3.98, which is the same thing.  Now your day's complete!  hahahaha  

Don't use more than a taste of the Campho-Phenique or you could wind up looking like @Emile in his photo here!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shiva said:

WTF; ordered it just to see if it works. ATE UP today. Also included a six pack of Miner Mark's Repel