Pair of '97 Klipsch La Scala Speakers

Jake

Hello!

I live in Lincoln, NE and am selling a pair of 1997 La Scala's. The Original Birch Raw finish has slight bumps and nicks, but is in very good condition. These have sat in the previous owners residence since they were bought new in 1997 and the previous owner did not have kids or a dog, so the grills are in amazing shape.

HERE IS A LINK TO MORE PHOTOS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BkeJtMdUcS7_psS19kfyZOwBgRIFxFo3 

Made by Klipsch, Inc in Hope, Arkansas USA
Model Number: LS BIR RAW 17
Serial Numbers are consecutive: 107796507 & 107796508 
Crossovers: TYPE AL-3
Horns: K-55-M

These were given to me because of my pro-audio interest, but I'm new to the high end HiFi scene. The original owner paid approx $5,000 for the pair in 1997 and kept them in amazing condition over the years. I submitted a ticket to Klipsch to find out the origin and retail price and what Klipsch told me matches what the original owner remembered about their value, adjust for inflation and slight wear. I'm open to offers, no low-ballers! Local pickup and cash payment in Lincoln, NE. If you want them shipped, we'll have to work out a deal for that. Send me a message and make me an offer!

IMG_3627.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice! Have you spent any time listening to them? You may change your mind about selling them, if you do. I'll wait for the experts to chime in on fair asking price; obviously you can ask whatever you want, but there is a price range that these will sell for (and it's not anywhere near five grand).

• Like 1

Jake, you can check out Ebay for Lascalas that have sold, the could give you an idea where to start.  Or you can check with @wvu80, send him a pm as he tracks sales of speakers with different options.  He as well could give you a ball park figure to where you would start.  Where about in Lincoln are you?  I work in Lincoln down off of A and Coddington.  If anyone wants me to take a look at them and assist with a purchase, I would be willing to help out.  I would not be able to pick up and ship, but could pick up and sit on or even help Jake with how to go about shipping if he'd like.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Randyh said:

ok - I will offer you a good starting price - 1000$  -  the AL-3 is one of the worst crossovers ever , but , hey , these speakers are very nice -SO WHY NOT SPLURGE  - shiping around 500$ - so 1500$ for forum member to own these  sounds fair - and that is not a low ball offer -

@Jake I like the grills on your La Scala's.  Everything looks good, and welcome to the forum. 

I do track Heritage prices but I prefer not to interfere in a transaction between forum members.  Any used speakers are worth exactly what a willing Seller and a willing Buyer agree to.

I think I can offer that $1000 for La Scalas is well within the upper and lower range of what LS's sell for.  If I might offer in a general way, $1000 for LS's is fair market value, fair to the Seller and fair to the Buyer, in my opinion.

Good luck in your selling Jake, and good luck to Randy as a buyer.  Here's hoping you guys can work out a deal.  👍

You guys should be impressed, as am I.  Read on.

I added his sales info to my spreadsheet, category of La Scala 1983-99.  That is the highest confirmed sale price I've recorded, by $200!  He beat the average sales price by $550!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Randyh said:

the AL-3 is one of the worst crossovers ever

The AL-3 is a good sounding network with a solid reputation -- I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Type AL (which some actually like).

I would have said $1500 based on condition.

• Like 2