What is the difference between RP280F vs RP8000F

AKilpsch

Hi - I am new to this community as I am planning to buy my first Klipsch speakers :) Very very excited!!! 

The issue I have is to whether go with the RP280F or buy the latest updated version of RP8000F series. Has anyone demoed both these amazing speakers before? I had a demo yesterday for 8000F and they sound amazing (literally blew me out) and very detailed sound but not sure if 280F will sound the same as I haven't heard them before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Klipsch RP-8000F + RP-402S + RP-504C +  Klipsch SPL-120  

or

Klipsch RP280-F + RP450C + R112SW + RP240S  [very less stock in the UK:( and might get for a much less price 😀]  

For Europe check this:

https://www.son-video.com/article/home-cinema-packs-d-enceintes-packs-d-enceintes-grand-spectacle/klipsch/rp-8000f-hcs-5-1-noir

I bought from them in the past with no problems - do note there is a delay for delivering at the moment.

They have several other interesting packages at the moment as well.

Edited by JefDC

If I were in the market, I would probably go with last year’s RP line, if they can be had at big discounts. With that said, if they were priced similarly, I would go new version all day, based on the improvement in the looks department alone.

I second contacting MertopolisLakeOutfitters. I have purchased a few RP speakers from him and his prices are hard to beat! 

I'd get the new ones, they aren't that much more expensive and the finish is much nicer.  Easier to find matching stuff to go with it in the future as well.  They sound similar.  Woofers are literally identical.  They may have increased the box size a little.  Tweeter is vented now, supposed to be more linear.  That's about it.  

• Like 2