Belle Klipsch front grills (and more?)

Allhartfidelity

Location 98312 Bremerton Wa.

This listing if for the grills only, 125.00 plus shipping and fees.

Below you will find other items as well. 

1. Lascala bass bin braces from Volti Audio

2. Jbl 2426j compression drivers

3. K77 tweeters orig coils

Having first upgraded (then sold) my Lascala, to move on to Belle, ive upgraded (altered) the Belle now and have for sale some items left from both projects.  For sale here is a set of the top hat frames from Belle. Having gone with new ones, i simply dont need these any more. I WANT to keep them, but... anyway. They, and the grill are in orig and Ex+ condition. Felt compelled to offer them here first. 

Quite literally, these are in Ex cond, no snags or dingle balls, emblems are included.

I also have  JBL 2426j drivers (new JBL diaphrams) 16 ohm., as well as bass bin braces for the lascala (with lower grill covers to hide the braces) from Dave Harris (never installed)

My ability to ship, is second to none.

20180920_201154.jpg

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

is it just the top hat grills or do you have the bass bin grills as well?

thanks

For the Belle, the top hat was replaced with the Volti Audio V-Trac assembly. Since nothing done to the low side, it is only the top frame that is avail.

For the Lascala bass bin braces that i have avail, i do have the frame covers for them that were supplied by Volti.  

1 hour ago, Allhartfidelity said:

I was always taught the terminology was horn lens. Horn, being complete with compression driver.

Is lens incorrect?

a horn is a horn and a horn is a device which provides gain and a horn requires a drive. A horn lens or wave guide is a horn which provides little to no gain but which provides directivity control. I think that is a fair description of the terms though I know some will argue. Historically horns were invented and developed to provide as much gain as possible remember when amplifiers were very small later as amplifier technology provided a lot more available power designers could utilize the horn design to control dispersion or directivity control and not be concerned with the horn providing the gain as they had larger more powerful amps at hand to provide the gain. 

8 hours ago, moray james said:

a horn is a horn and a horn is a device which provides gain and a horn requires a drive. A horn lens or wave guide is a horn which provides little to no gain but which provides directivity control. I think that is a fair description of the terms though I know some will argue. Historically horns were invented and developed to provide as much gain as possible remember when amplifiers were very small later as amplifier technology provided a lot more available power designers could utilize the horn design to control dispersion or directivity control and not be concerned with the horn providing the gain as they had larger more powerful amps at hand to provide the gain. 

That makes sense actually. Thank you for the explanation. So the lens would actually be the fins on some JBL i see that direct it up or down.

I think that you are referring to acoustic diffraction lenses which JBL and other companies have and do use? see attached image. This is one extreme of what a lens can be and these do control dispersion very well but any horn which does not have gain as its primary goal but rather dispersion control as a main design goal would be considered a wave guide or a lens. Such horns are intended to control or focus energy output into a specific pattern of radiation could still be called a lens but most often you see the term wave guide used rather than horn. The term horn gets used as a catch all name to describe most guides attached to a compression driver. If you want to see a design which I think is very interesting and useful look up Karlson K-Tubes. K-Tubes are essentially a fractional length plane wave tube with a progreassive termination usually an exponential or hypex slot termination and they have some distinct advantages over horns more a wave guide as they provide almost zero gain but they do provide good dispersion control for near field listening and they will always match your compression drive if custom made where driver exit diameter and tube diameter can be perfectly matched which is something which rarely happens with horns and drivers. see attached picture to see two variants of the K-Tube. hope this is of interest.

PS: the photo of the diffraction lens shows a hybrid design which utilizes a conical trumpet to provide some gain and the diffraction lens to control both horizontal and vertical dispersion. Personally I find that the lens does indeed control dispersion very well according to its design however I find that they mess with the stage and image and I don't like using them for that reason.

Horn lens.jpg

Karlson k-tube double and single cutaway versions.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Allhartfidelity said:

The tubes are interesting,  and does have the shape of my Karlson speakers i sold las year.

In the center perhaps a bullet tweeter?

Thank you for your time in explanations,  the dispersion is indeed interesting. 

The photo of the K-Tubes is not mine but is taken from an on line source. In that photo the tubes were mounted to a bullet tweeter you can also mount them directly to compression drivers or cone drives or ribbon or electrostatic drives your choice. I prefer to use a double cutaway design and I mount them parallel to the floor centred at my seated ear level as that provides the best stage and image. I set up the speakers in an equilateral triangle such that from the sweet spot I can look directly down the centre of each tube, the slots are positioned vertically so that the solid sections are to the left and right of the tube. I make mine by rolling a layer of foolscap paper on a tube which has the same OD as the exit opening of the compression driver I am using. Some scotch tape and a fine line felt tip pen to lay out the profile onto the paper tube which I then cut out with scissors. I then fix the tube with a little more tape to ensure it is secure and mount it to the comp driver. These simple tubes take minutes to make and sound wonderful because they do not store any energy the way a plastic or metal tube would. You can spend the day experimenting with all sorts of different profiles to see which you like the sound of best. If you are good with math and computers you can use a simple program to print out assorted expansion profiles with your computer and a printer which means you don' even need a form to roll your tubes on when you make them.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:19 PM, recordman83 said:

I believe my friend here in AR purchased the K-55 and the lenses.  He is a bit quicker than I am.  What is your price on the crossovers?

Thanks

A good friend to be looking out for you on thoes k500 horns! Will have them packed up today, though may not post until tomorrow. Thank you much!

Hello, thank you for the inquiry. Please refer to the following link for description and installation. These are them, and this is where i bought them. As indicated, never installed so you will need to refer to the instructions contained in the link since i have never personally installed them. To me, they would look very nice. You would need grill material to cover the frames. Braces and frames are included. I can do pictures, if you want to see the exact same birch shown in the link. Let me know if you have any further questions, and will do my level best to accommodate.

Charles 

http://www.klipschupgrades.com/lascalabraces.shtml