Tweeter stopped working on RF-5

TheFiend1

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, TheFiend1 said:

I was looking at this for the diaphragm replacement instead of replacing the whole thing. Do you guys think this will work? 

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-replacement-speaker-diaphragm-k-79-k100ti.html

Thanks again!

The RF-5 is listed as one of the models the diaphragm fits but specs say 8ohms wonder if that's just a misprint?

Klipsch: K100, K100-Ti, K-100Ti, K 100Ti, K101-S, K-101-S, K 101S, K-107-K, K-105-K, K-119, K-119-KB, K-124-K, K124-K, K-124-Ti, 129086, RF-3, RF-3 II, RF3, RF3BK, RF5, SF-2, SP1, SP-1, SP 1, and many more!

• 1 month later...

I have also replaced   some different  diaphragms  for the RF5   a neodinium  from klipsch and others  from Ebay  Not a TITANIUM one    and also Bob Crites diaphragm  is not the nice one   but  THERE IS ONE  GOOD REPLACEMENT    alternatief diaphragms  i like now for several years with a Phenolic dome    31-RK407  from Tei Lightning. and    not expensive

http://www.telexportinc.com/products/diaphragms/index.html/ that are the ones i bought for the RF5  and are sound as much close to the original ones.  the glue that was used by one of the originals  was dried  out  and  the coil was  was still half attached to the dome.

This Tei Lighning  that i have now  is look like the same build as the Bob Crites ones  only not titanium dome  but the build of the coil carrier is the same   very smooth and safe build.

Edited by ideaal