WTB Klipsch Epic CF3 v1 or CF4 v1 in the Midwest

mimalmo

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

Found a pair.  :D

Outstanding!  Those are really hard to find.

What is the back story?  Where did you find them, do they match your other CF-3's?  And price if you don't mind posting publicly, for my spreadsheet.

I found these posted on Facebook Marketplace; looking at the location, I noticed that they were only about 30 minutes from my house. Upon arrival, I took off a grille and checked the ports......yes, we have the longer port tubes.....checked for the OFC wire...yep got that too. Serial numbers indicate a 1994 build date and are sequential. Cabinet condition is excellent with only a few marks. Grilles are in great shape (no pets or kids at this guy's house). Even came with the original sales receipt and brochure. These are Medium Oak just like the other two pairs of CF3 v1 I have.

Asking price was $600 and I was happy to pay that.

So my first pair was a bargain, second pair I overpaid a bit and these were priced just right. Sounds like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mimalmo said:

I found these posted on Facebook Marketplace; looking at the location, I noticed that they were only about 30 minutes from my house. Upon arrival, I took off a grille and checked the ports......yes, we have the longer port tubes.....checked for the OFC wire...yep got that too. Serial numbers indicate a 1994 build date and are sequential. Cabinet condition is excellent with only a few marks. Grilles are in great shape (no pets or kids at this guy's house). Even came with the original sales receipt and brochure. These are Medium Oak just like the other two pairs of CF3 v1 I have.

So my first pair was a bargain, second pair I overpaid a bit and these were priced just right. Sounds like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Congrats on the latest score.  Some pics of your Epic Theater, once set-up,  would be nice to see.

9 hours ago, Shiva said:

Congrats on the latest score.  Some pics of your Epic Theater, once set-up,  would be nice to see.

Probably going to be a while. We sold our house and the buyer's closing is about 3 weeks away. Unfortunately, we have not found a new house as of yet so my entire setup is going into storage for a few months.

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, mimalmo said:

I've noticed FB Marketplace seems to be a good place to get a bargain.  I track CF-4 prices and I think you did pretty good. 

The last three CF-4 prices I have is 1100, 800 and 1400.  The overall CF-4 average is $983 including your confirmed sale (thanks!).

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've noticed FB Marketplace seems to be a good place to get a bargain.  I track CF-4 prices and I think you did pretty good. 

The last three CF-4 prices I have is 1100, 800 and 1400.  The overall CF-4 average is $983 including your confirmed sale (thanks!).

These are CF3, not CF4