Bridged mode...

axbyfz

The amp is 1000 w X 4 or 250 w/ch.  The sub is 200 /500 w RMS/peak.  No real benefit with bridging the amp.  Bridging may result in a blown driver.  Bridging will not net much in volume.  Doubling the power(watt) will add 3 db which is barely noticeable.  Welcome to the forum.  Tell us more about the audio system, room and your goals.  In general you need a lot of subs to get Reference level volume.

Hello Derrick, thank you, I appreciate your knowledge, experience and perspective. The system is installed on a long (50 ft) and narrow (10 ft) outdoor patio:

- Two low impedance stereo zones through a pair of AW-525 on each connected in parallel at the KDA-1000 CH1 and CH2 outputs.

- PRO-1000SW is on CH3 mono output (1 + 2) now.

After some testing, I feel that the sub needs more stamina to reach a better blend with mid-high units (AW-525) which are so efficient.

I’m aware of CH3 + CH4 (bridged) power against PRO-1000SW capacity, but I can limit that through KDA-1000 great web interface; by the way, I always loved to have enough headroom at amplifying stage...

How do you like it?

Thanks again.

CSS_Patio_Comedor_Diagrama_a_Bloques_Altavoces_y_Audio_V2.0_180918_01.pdf

I would find a way to add a second or third sub.  powering the sub is not the problem.  You are outdoor and not getting much room gain,  The only solution is more subs or a more powerful sub which has to be much larger.  This system is most likely just for music. Some Pro line speakers may be another options if you are looking to get really loud .  A subwoofer that does well in the 60-100 Hz area would be excellent for outdoors.

Thank you Derrick. Adding another subwoofer is not an easy option; our client won’t let us. I agree with the lack of room gain, however, it is not a party zone, we really don’t need it loud; we just want to achieve a good balance. The sound now is beautiful and loud enough. The idea to try the bridged mode, it is only to test several configurations and keep the best one. I wrote to the Klipsch community forum in order to find out if someone have connected the KDA-1000 in bridge mode; KDA-1000 GUI through the browser shows it as an output option but we couldn’t find nor at the manual or the web if this is the right way to do it: KDA-1000 CH3 + to subwoofer positive and CH4 + to subwoofer negative. We don’t want to damage the amplifier or the sub. Would you be as kind as confirm it this is the right way to connect it?

Thanks, again.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, axbyfz said:

Thank you Derrick. Adding another subwoofer is not an easy option; our client won’t let us.

Then your client is tying your hands behind your back.  You'll never get that sealed 10" sub's output on par with your other speakers no matter how much wattage you pump through it.

I just looked at the manual and didn't see an option for bridging it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Then your client is tying your hands behind your back.

I agree. It was a matter of budget and aesthetics, as most of the time is…

You'll never get that sealed 10" sub's output on par with your other speakers no matter how much wattage you pump through it.

So, the option is to decrease output levels at CH1 and CH2 outputs (mid-highs) through KDA-1000 DSP interface, in order to get an optimum balance but affecting overall level…

I just looked at the manual and didn't see an option for bridging it. 

Yeah, I couldn’t find it either, but the possibility (bridged mode) exists at KDA-1000's DSP interface…

Thanks a lot, again.

30 minutes ago, axbyfz said:

So, the option is to decrease output levels at CH1 and CH2 outputs (mid-highs) through KDA-1000 DSP interface, in order to get an optimum balance but affecting overall level…

It seems that way.  Be careful if you bridge.  That is a 200w RMS driver.

Thanks Metropolis and CECAA850. Yes, page 11 at the DSP manual. But nowhere indicates the wiring, I mean, how to connect… At KDA-1000’s rear plate is printed:

+ CH 3 to loudspeaker + and – CH 4 to loudspeaker – but it just specifies 70/100 Volt, not bridged; considering that the selection between stereo and bridged is in the same window at the DSP GUI, I assume that the wiring for bridged is the same as it is for 70/100 V. Do you agree? My only concern is that, regularly, at other amplifiers (brands), the bridged connection uses the + port of both channels for bridged…

And, thank you again CECAA850, I’m aware of the amount of power of the bridged connection and the PRO-1000SW limits…

Dont bridge anything for outdoors that you don't NEED to, get a "full range" set of PA speakers that you can live with, OR float them over a pair of subs or one beastly sub.   You have many options.  Do it right or regret the results.  Voice that to your client.   I have alway done that upfront and rarely, if ever had complaints.  I am gonna throw a work party soon with a SINGLE pair of the KP302 speakers that I kept and No subs.  I'll be spinning on the decks and stuff them in the corners and I guarantee you I will get nothing but compliments.   This party will be easily 200+ at full volume.   I easily have much more available if need be (but I won't beitn them) .   I want to test The pair of speakers solo. I think it can EASILY. Depends on your audience and venue.  

• 3 years later...

I’m in need of some help. How do I connect a klipsch pro10sw-ls to a klipsch kda 500 amp? I’m very new to the A/V world and need to get this completed for a job. The manuals aren’t helping much as I don’t understand what colors go into what channels on the amp. Can anyone help me with this? 

Edited by INtraining

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 12:21 AM, INtraining said:

I’m in need of some help. How do I connect a klipsch pro10sw-ls to a klipsch kda 500 amp? I’m very new to the A/V world and need to get this completed for a job. The manuals aren’t helping much as I don’t understand what colors go into what channels on the amp. Can anyone help me with this? 

Did you ever get an answer?  I’m building a house and planning for the pro-1000sw.