Hello

Liftenw8ts

Hello everyone, Newbie here to the forums. Been reading on here for the past few weeks and decided to register today. I finally convinced the wife to let me enclose our back porch to build a dedicated home theatre for the ultimate movie experience. The size i have to work with is 15 ft 2 inches width 25ft 4 inches length and 9ft 2 inches in height. The floor is concrete and there will be no windows. My plans are to build this with HT as to only use. I have not purchased anything yet as I am still reading and learning about home theatre speakers, and sizes and placements. Trying not to get the cart before the horse lol. As for budget goes I don't really have one, I have a side job slash hobby that i will dedicate half of my profits to doing this build over the next 3 years or until its finished. What I do know is that i want an awesome experience, one you can feel and make you a part of the experience , especially when watching a movie, one that makes you feel like you are immersed within the movie. I really like special effects action and military movies. Well i have rattled on long enough now I still have a lot more reading to do on here before I start asking some questions and looking for advice and guidance on material selection; screen size; speaker selection etc.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums.  Building a home theater is a lot of fun.  Feel free to check out the links in my signature to maybe get some ideas.

my room is 13’ x 19’ with 10’ ceiling.  I decided to go with a 150” Acoustic Transparent Screen and feel it’s completely immersive experience.

Michael