Best speaker for my space

Mila1924

Hi, I’m attaching a picture of my room and stereo set up.i have a pair of forte ‘s, marantz 2252b receiver and entry level pioneer tt w Ortofon blue cartridge.  My living room kinda connects to the whole house, picture one big  Rectangle. I just don’t feel like the fortes fill the space the way I want my speakers to. The room size is roughly 30x15 

What would be be the best Klipsch for my space? Cornwall, La Scala? Idk

EA661DD2-4075-4A5A-9E8F-186E17E5DC4E.jpeg

Just now, Mila1924 said:

Hi, I’m attaching a picture of my room and stereo set up.i have a pair of forte ‘s, marantz 2252b receiver and entry level pioneer tt w Ortofon blue cartridge.  My living room kinda connects to the whole house, picture one big  Rectangle. I just don’t feel like the fortes fill the space the way I want my speakers to. The room size is roughly 30x15 

What would be be the best Klipsch for my space? Cornwall, La Scala? Idk

EA661DD2-4075-4A5A-9E8F-186E17E5DC4E.jpeg

6ACADD97-3345-4C83-842F-AC631FDB8824.jpeg

• Like 1

Do you have them sitting on top of something? Looks like it in the picture but might just be something in front of them. If so take them off whatever they are resting on. Play around with placement a bit toeing them in some and moved off the back wall as suggested above.

I can not help but to continue to speak of my love for the La Scala... it's an amazingly good speaker with a well shaped low frequency and large mid range. You will need a subwoofer to help fill the really deep frequencies, but the rewards will be very fulfilling.

That's my suggestion for you since you don't have access to well defined corners for Klipschorns.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Schu said:

I can not help but to continue to speak of my love for the La Scala... it's an amazingly good speaker with a well shaped low frequency and large mid range. You will need a subwoofer to help fill the really deep frequencies, but the rewards will be very fulfilling.

That's my suggestion for you since you don't have access to well defined corners for Klipschorns.

Horn loading as far down in frequency as you can get is the very best. The fewer watts you have to use, the better the sound via lower distortion. PWK was right for all of his life, and he'll still be right for all of his death.

7 hours ago, rplace said:

Do you have them sitting on top of something? Looks like it in the picture but might just be something in front of them. If so take them off whatever they are resting on. Play around with placement a bit toeing them in some and moved off the back wall as suggested above.

I have them on some small cinder blocks wrapped in some sort of black dense foam so it doesn't scratch the base of the fortes. 

Well, I guess it sounds like its more a problem with the room and not the equipment in it.  My next question was going to ask if I should add bob crites upgrades and if that would help fill the room better, but I am assuming that it wouldn't make a change in how the sound fills that big space.

Maybe I should transform my small and nicely squared guest room into my listening room.  My parents will just have to sleep on the couch I guess. Oh well.  

2 hours ago, Mila1924 said:

Well, I guess it sounds like its more a problem with the room and not the equipment in it.  My next question was going to ask if I should add bob crites upgrades and if that would help fill the room better, but I am assuming that it wouldn't make a change in how the sound fills that big space.

Maybe I should transform my small and nicely squared guest room into my listening room.  My parents will just have to sleep on the couch I guess. Oh well.  

You don't want a square room fer sure........

You are pretty much there. You don’t have corners for KHorns, Cornwalls would most likely be boomy and not as clear in the midrange as you currently have. LaScalas are essentially the prettiest 120lb book shelf speakers you can buy but adding the required sub and losing the floor real estate would not help the clean look of the room. The only realistic upgrade I could imagine would be Palladiums or perhaps restored Chorus. Nice set up, count your blessings and enjoy.

• Like 1

Oh good, someone is still awake.   There is a reason Cornwalls are in My room and not LA scalas or k horns.   I have had BOTH in the Same room. Cornwalls are far easier to place and have much more extended bass and better top to bottom balance and easier listening for all genres IMO.   Again this is in a SMALLER room. My room is open concept with bedrooms and the kitchen /dining room. Your results may vary.   

Cornwalls have less controlled bass than La Scalas or the Fortes that are pictured which makes some say they are boomy.  Using La Scalas, to me, requires subs.  Also need to tame the upper mid/treble with a lot of room management with the La Scala.

The Fortes in that room should be quite good though with that open plan, you will need some bottom end reinforcement with just about any speaker.

• Like 1

Have you heard Cornwall IIIs, La Scalas and Forte in the same room?  I doubt it.  My comment is with that in mind. Horn loaded BASS IMO is a little overrated unless you have a LARGE room to take advantage of the full length of the wavelength projected from the horn. I don't have that luxury.   Maybe you do?