Tiger

jimjimbo

Crazy how he upstaged Justin Rose but both deserve their titles.  Of course Tiger definitely got some help today considering round 4 was nowhere near picture perfect.

No reason at all to not think Tiger could win 3 or 4 tournaments next year and a major or two.  Personally I think he is about as good as in the past but the difference today is so is the competition.

Bill

• Like 1

This was the ultimate comeback for Tiger 2.0.  He had four back surgeries, the first 3 did not go well.  He has had his back fused which usually means the end of a sports career, especially for someone the age of forty-two.  Because of the fused back he had to completely rebuild his swing and now he's learned how to win with it.

If Tiger never hits another golf ball this is still one of the most incredible comebacks in the history of sports.

• Like 2

My observations:

1. In the old days when he got into the rough he could power through it and put it on the green. He can't do that anymore.

2. He was one of the longest hitters on the course but not anymore. Everyone can hit 340 yards.

3. All of the young guns are in superb physical condition which they learned from him.

JJK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

My observations:

1. In the old days when he got into the rough he could power through it and put it on the green. He can't do that anymore.

JJK

I think this weekend It was Bermuda grass. I didn't see anyone hitting the ball well from that stuff. 

cincy

27 minutes ago, cincymat said:

I think this weekend It was Bermuda grass. I didn't see anyone hitting the ball well from that stuff. 

cincy

At one point many moons ago when I had a single digit handicap, I took a short vacation to Myrtle Beach to play on some of the famed courses there which prominently feature beautiful Bermuda grass....My handicap took a severe beating after that trip.

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

At one point many moons ago when I had a single digit handicap, I took a short vacation to Myrtle Beach to play on some of the famed courses there which prominently feature beautiful Bermuda grass....My handicap took a severe beating after that trip.

Yep, northern golfers don't have an appreciation for it until you have to play it where it lies a few times.