A little confusing

ThomasD.

This popped up a while back and I just recently really looked at it.

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-oak-speakers/6694230660.html

Contacted the seller & informed them that this wasn't a KG-4.  Obviously by the picture & dimensions it's a Quartet but the KG-1 binding cup is very concerning.

They are lost.  Someone told them it was a KG-4.  Hope they aren't using that KG-1 binding cup with the KG-1 X/O.  😮

Considering the kg-1 is a two-way it should be very obvious if one of the drivers is not working upon inspection. My guess would be that maybe the binding posts had broken off the original cups and someone just swapped the cups out but might want to bring a screwdriver to be sure pretty simple to pull the cup and see what's mounted to it seller should understand you wanting to do that considering the circumstances. 

Now  saying that they are the original owners and never been touched.  Something is not right.  $400 was too high for KG-4's ( found mine for $300) & may still be a little high for Quartets in my opinion.  If someone went to the trouble to change the original x/o's over to new cups then who knows what else has been done. 

19 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Now  saying that they are the original owners and never been touched.  Something is not right.  $400 was too high for KG-4's ( found mine for $300) & may still be a little high for Quartets in my opinion.  If someone went to the trouble to change the original x/o's over to new cups then who knows what else has been done. 

Considering the situation, you should probably go listen and make sure all drivers are working and offer what you think.  $400 may be a little high but depends on the area and if things seem more correct than in the pictures.