my ProMedia 4.1s days are numbered

JohnJ

Before I rebuilt my pc about three years ago the subwoofer seemed to become part of the "surround" part of the sound with the Realtek . Like the phantom mid it makes in front of me. 

Lately the two satellites on the bookcases don't come in with the music. So I ordered one of those wallet sized amps from the www & those little Polks that sound pretty good without the Heritage punch?  They look big up on the desk, the youtube bookmarks that I've gathered are going to rock soon!

IMG_20180924_090237.jpg

IMG_20180924_092353.jpg

The 4.1s sound good at low to mild volume, higher the bass doesn't.

Anyone near Charlotte interested in these hit me up.

IMG_20180924_134400.jpg

So amazon sent me an amp that differed from what I ordered twice this week. The second time I went ahead and hooked it up for a couple of minutes just to get a feel for the polks on the pc. Reinstalled the realtek drivers and for stereo they're aren't any effects available because the toslink to r/l converter I got is cheap.

The bookshelf speakers are crisp and clean 20" away on the desk, but I put them up high in the corners and these little 13" deep speakers put out some bass! Glad no one was interested when I tried to unload them last summer.

IMG_20180930_092125.jpg

• 3 months later...