Who is AWAKE?

MEH Synergy

12 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

At work myself.   Hurts so good sometimes with no sleep. 

You gotta love when your body goes into 'survival mode'. Thats dope you spin deep house, do you record any of your sets? I have tech house or deep house playing though my KG 5.5's pretty much all day while I do insurance spreadsheets. I had a buddy in college that was a pretty good local DJ and he would open a lot at Beta nightclub in Denver and would always hook me up with VIP Passes. Those Funktion 1 speakers are something else.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, twk123 said:

You gotta love when your body goes into 'survival mode'. Thats dope you spin deep house, do you record any of your sets? I have tech house or deep house playing though my KG 5.5's pretty much all day while I do insurance spreadsheets. I had a buddy in college that was a pretty good local DJ and he would open a lot at Beta nightclub in Denver and would always hook me up with VIP Passes. Those Funktion 1 speakers are something else.

That system was incredible, so is the one at Temple Denver.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

That system was incredible, so is the one at Temple Denver.

It looks like they have a similar Funktion One system with a different subwoofer configuration. I have always wondered how a Klipsch Cinema Grandeur stack would face off against a Funktion One system. I still think Klipsch dropped the ball on not cornering this market, it seems the British Funktion One is now the default for the kind of clubs and venues that Klipsch used to reside in.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, twk123 said:

It looks like they have a similar Funktion One system with a different subwoofer configuration. I have always wondered how a Klipsch Cinema Grandeur stack would face off against a Funktion One system. I still think Klipsch dropped the ball on not cornering this market, it seems the British Funktion One is now the default for the kind of clubs and venues that Klipsch used to reside in.

That market, night club/disco started to build up in mid 70s, Klipsch had a piece of that with Klipsch Professional, but Fred sold that off when he bought the Company.  The market size isn't as big as you probably  imagine, with tight and ever shrinking margins.  

The major player in that market, John Meyer (Meyer Sound) was deeply influenced by Paul Klipsch, and used Klipsch in the first night club he did in Hayward.

Funktion One uses horns driven by cones in the midrange, which is what Andrews claims is the reason you can listen at high levels for long periods without fatigue on their system.  Funktion One is a tiny fraction of of the size of Klipsch professional today, a dozen employees out in the country in Surrey working in a tiny building pumping it out.  Not the biggest, he says, but the best.

I think if someone gave Roy $500,000 and said go to work he could BLOW that system away

space1.png

• Like 2