Log Cabin Livin. My Self Reliance on Youtube.

Shiva

Anyone visit the youtube channel, My Self Reliance?  He wanted to live in the country, build everything by hand, and enjoy the simple pleasures with wife and their dog. Here he is making pizza for the first time in his homemade oven. As well, behind all the sounds of humans living a life, the scrapes, bangs, crackles and pops, is the near silent noise floor of the Forest. headphones, if you got them.  

If memory serves, from a earlier vid,  he still has a house in the suburbs and money in the bank. i think he was a teacher of some kind.   Had the desire in the back of his mind to make it to the woods one day and finally did so and started filming it as well. Has prosciutto to put on his pizza,  he is not exactly doing without, while out there. A couple of things I like about his vids, is that he just preforms his actions out there without much talk and lets the silence of the woods come through.

This kind of thing is only possible when there still exists a modern civilization.  With a significantly reduced human population it may become necessary, even the norm, but there will be no prosciutto for everyone.  There won't be any internet either.  Infrastructure is the first thing that collapses.  Oh yeah, where is that investment in infrastructure?  A few years ago, it was branded as tax and spend.  Now despite promises it is completely ignored.  Rome went the same way.  Why did Rome collapse?  It was a complete failure of leadership.

Complete failure of leadership almost since time in this country began, it has always been about the $$$$$$ the have and have nots. I have heard / learned some very disturbing things that the leaders have done as far back as records allow.   It was a nice thought and all but the sad reality is we are a country built on murder, mutilation, theft and the denial that we were anything but right.  Hard to expect utopia built on others misery, and the greed of those in power  "ALL THOSE IN POWER" 

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.............

In my youth I always wanted to build a log cabin and live in the mountains, those were the days before reality set in and responsibility bit me in the arse......................

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JJkizak said:

There was a documentary several years ago on PBS about a man who took 16mm film while he built his own cabin and everything else in the wilds of Alaska. He was there for years until he hit 86 then retired.

JJK

I saw that.....very good documentary.

11 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Complete failure of leadership almost since time in this country began, it has always been about the $$$$$$ the have and have nots. I have heard / learned some very disturbing things that the leaders have done as far back as records allow.   It was a nice thought and all but the sad reality is we are a country built on murder, mutilation, theft and the denial that we were anything but right.  Hard to expect utopia built on others misery, and the greed of those in power  "ALL THOSE IN POWER" 

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.............

In my youth I always wanted to build a log cabin and live in the mountains, those were the days before reality set in and responsibility bit me in the arse......................

You gotta kill animals if you're going to eat meat.  Sad as it is, deal with it.

33 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You gotta kill animals if you're going to eat meat.  Sad as it is, deal with it.

Including  humans.  Meat is meat.  The ethos was always if you kill it you have to eat it in my family.  The times change so if you have to kill it then at least feed it to the pigs.  There are so many candidates for feeding to the pigs.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Including  humans.  Meat is meat.  The ethos was always if you kill it you have to eat it in my family.  The times change so if you have to kill it then at least feed it to the pigs.  There are so many candidates for feeding to the pigs.

Do you let those hogs run free around the yard to kill rattle snakes?

JJK

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Nice! 

It truly is an interesting world.  If you were an all-powerful being and could write the program any way you want, would you copy this one? 

• Like 1