Klipsch KP 301ii fuses

Jim Gregory

I have a pair of KP 301ii and am looking for information as to the correct amp fuses. I also have a pair of KP 456 and the correct fuses for those are

1.5 amp for the HF and 4 amp for the LF.  When I checked the fuses in the KP 301ii they were 20 amp, which I am confident is not correct. 

Any help is appreciated 

jim

On 9/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Marvel said:

Welcome to the forums. Here's the schematic of the crossover and fuses:

Those fuse values reflect what the factory did at the request of techs and installers so they would not have to climb up in the air and fix things when the sound guys exceeded correct levels. Their assumption was the correct way to protect speakers was to do so with electronic protection downstream from the speakers and put a grossly oversized fuse in there which was never supposed to be needed anyway. JW is right.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Lucky guy. I wish I had a pair of those.   I don't know what kind of fuses they use though. I'm sure someone on here will. 

Jim has the finest set of KP-301's I have ever seen and you could swear they were new just taken out of the box.

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Believe me I understand that haha.   Let me rephrase, I am not as priveledged as many of you and wish I could have a few more of the toys that MANY of you do.   I don't have the space and I'm not leaving the house I am in any time soon.   

I you ever get the chance to get a set of KP-450's or even better KP-456's or KPT-942's the footprint is not much more than say  La Scala. The 456 and 942 are both better than anything that will reasonably fit into your house except perhaps Jubilees. IF you can find them they are normally bargains especially compared to what the better vintage will cost. A set of these will ruin you for life and you ask anyone who has these what they think.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dave A said:

I you ever get the chance to get a set of KP-450's or even better KP-456's or KPT-942's the footprint is not much more than say  La Scala. The 456 and 942 are both better than anything that will reasonably fit into your house except perhaps Jubilees. IF you can find them they are normally bargains especially compared to what the better vintage will cost. A set of these will ruin you for life and you ask anyone who has these what they think.

Guess you haven't heard the 396's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Guess you haven't heard the 396's.

No I have not. Looking at the specs though I think I would rather have the 456 or 942. That double woofer bass bin which digs MUCH deeper has superb presence and the horns aren't slouches either. I like my organ music to shake things on my table top if I want to. Plus twice the watts output if that matters.

13 minutes ago, Dave A said:

No I have not. Looking at the specs though I think I would rather have the 456 or 942. That double woofer bass bin which digs MUCH deeper has superb presence and the horns aren't slouches either. I like my organ music to shake things on my table top if I want to. Plus twice the watts output if that matters.

The 396's can definitely use a sub but I haven't heard a better sounding horn.  I think Roy is working on similar mumps for the 402.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The 396's can definitely use a sub but I haven't heard a better sounding horn.  I think Roy is working on similar mumps for the 402.

OK I could live with that horn but the bass is seriously lacking according to the spec sheet..

24 minutes ago, Dave A said:

OK I could live with that horn but the bass is seriously lacking according to the spec sheet..

It's very tactile but doesn't go really low.  They need a sub.  Of course I feel that just about every speaker needs a sub and build my systems accordingly.