Klipschorns, Heresys, SVS Ultra Subs, & McIntosh amps in Wisconsin

Leslie M

Hi all, I am selling my Southeast Wisconsin home and my realtor asked me to take my theater equipment down.  Unfortunately, I don't have room for it in my new place, so I will be selling the following:

Front: (2) 1983 Klipschorns (Walnut) with upgraded ALK Universal crossover networks
Center Top: Klipsch K77, K400 & ALK network in custom cabinet
Center Bottom: (2) Klipsch K22 woofers in Heresy cabinets
Side:  (2) 1983 Heresy I Speakers
Rear: (2) 1992 Heresy II Speakers (disassembled to position tweeters at better listening angle, but are being reassembled)
(2) SVS CS Ultra subwoofers
McIntosh MC2105 Stereo Power Amplifier
(4) McIntosh MC250 Stereo Power Amplifiers
Samson S1000 Stereo Power Amplifier

My apologies for the lack of close-ups, several of these photos are from the real estate listing, but I found a couple close-ups.  I can take more pictures of anything of interest the weekend of October 6th.  Still working through pricing, so I am just gauging interest at this point.  I'm afraid I won't be able to ship anything.  Pick-up would be about 1/2 hour west of Milwaukee.

center.jpg

side_subs.jpg

subs_rear.jpg

khorn.jpg

khorn2.jpg

alk.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

heresy.jpg

rear2.jpg

mc2105.jpg

250s.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you, I have enjoyed it for many years.  Unfortunately, maintaining two households is putting a strain on me right now... My first pass estimate is around $11,000 for the whole lot but I doubt anyone will jump on that, so I'll likely have to piece it out.  It made a brilliant 7.1 surround system though... just add a processor and a projector!  🙂

• Like 4

• Moderators

I think your realtor may be dead wrong,  most listings I have seen with that quality of home theater list it as an option, owner will remove system or system can be purchased separately. 

The listing should say beautiful, state of the art, home theater system.   But I guess it would depend on what similar homes are going for, might be hard to do that if homes are say 100K in the area (doubtful based on that photo) vs. homes being 400 to 500k.  

Travis 

• Like 3

Bah, screw the realtor's opinion.

Here's what mine looked like when we listed (not shown are the rears mounted on the wall behind the seating area).

BTW, we received multiple offers within 2 weeks of listing. So I would say that the "right" buyer can appreciate a home theater setup.
rsz_20180817_193231.thumb.jpg.7124d67c7dc69ba74a21fb08bee345f9.jpg

• Like 2

I thought of that... I just reduced my price from $545k to $525k, with no offers after 10 showings.  My fear is that most buyers won't appreciate the value of the setup and will either want me to throw it in for free or for $1000.  I spoke with a local audio shop that does consignment sales and their feedback was "Looks like you have some very nice equipment, but as I’m sure you are aware, most customers want inconspicuous systems, of which yours is not."  This stuff appeals to such a limited market.  Those who know what they're looking at are incredibly impressed, but the rest see it as an eyesore.

• Like 2

Mimalmo - if only I could afford to wait for the right buyer!  Unfortunately, I've already relocated and need the house to move quickly.

Beautiful setup you have there, by the way 🙂  I'm going to need something about that size for my new place.

Edited by Leslie M
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Leslie M said:

I thought of that... I just reduced my price from $545k to $525k, with no offers after 10 showings.  My fear is that most buyers won't appreciate the value of the setup and will either want me to throw it in for free or for $1000.  I spoke with a local audio shop that does consignment sales and their feedback was "Looks like you have some very nice equipment, but as I’m sure you are aware, most customers want inconspicuous systems, of which yours is not."  This stuff appeals to such a limited market.  Those who know what they're looking at are incredibly impressed, but the rest see it as an eyesore.

If that is the feedback from the 10 or so who went through then you have to go with that.  But if it is other thing, like your competition in the area, you may want to try "option" route.

As far as worrying about a buyer wanting you to throw it in, that is why you clearly state in listing it is offered separately. It takes it out if realator's commission also.

They could also put an offer in wanting you to throw in fridge, even though they don't normally convey. 

However, if someone did submit an all cash offer at full listing and wants the system thrown in seems like you are ahead.  It is easy enough to counter by lining out the system, fridge,  whatever.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Leslie M said:

I'll get on it, then.... unfortunately, I won't be back there to take more pictures for another week or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get some interest in next day or two here, people lucky enough to come look at it when you are up there.

How much for the bar in the back?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

Bah, screw the realtor's opinion.

Agree!  A smart buyer will be able to see the value and will know he cannot replace the quality of your setup without spending many thousands more. 

EDITSorry, I missed your following post until just now where you said the equipment had already been taken apart.

Unfortunately I will not be a buyer, but GLWYS.

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you get some interest in next day or two here, people lucky enough to come look at it when you are up there.

How much for the bar in the back? 

I was planning to move the bar as it is less than a year old.  But anything is negotiable 🙂  I paid around $4000 for it.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Leslie M said:

You make good points.  Unfortunately, it is already disassembled.  The walls will be patched and painted next week.  I have some competition, but I think my biggest problem is that I missed the rush before the school year started.

Always a the best time, in the Spring, but you never know, just sold a Condo (whole different deal then your situation) last November,  and they offered over listing price.

You will have that all gone in 2 weeks from people here.

What's the closest city or town to you?

Travis

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leslie M said:

I'm about a half hour west of Milwaukee, WI

You mean close to Waukesha? I had friends in Brookfield and lived over outside of Waterloo. Traveled back and forth a lot...

btw, your realtor is a real cheesehead... 🙄

Bruce

• Like 1