Klipschorns, Heresys, SVS Ultra Subs, & McIntosh amps in Wisconsin

Leslie M

Yes, I am in the town of Lisbon right in the center of the northern Waukesha county border.

My realtor shares my frustrations... I believe she really is recommending what she believes will help sell the home based on feedback to date.  A few potential buyers have expressed concern over the holes in the walls after I move out, others felt the room was too dark, so this gives me a chance to fix some of those things. 

• Like 2

Those buyers sound ridiculous to me.   If they want to buy a NEW home, buy one before it is built and specify exactly what you do and don't want.  Glad that gives you more time to sell your gear as you should get good money for all of that and it will hopefully go to some of us here that will truly appreciate the quality of the system you have.  Good luck! 

• Like 4

Im a fan of all the equipment in the room, but lets get real here, more people don't give a hoot about audio equipment than do. The house will be more marketable, the room will look larger, etc, etc.  The OP needs to market the house, not the audio equipment.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thank you to all who have asked questions and expressed interested.  I have decided to hold on to the two Heresy pairs for a little longer, but may list them again if my house goes a few more months without selling.  Here is my current status:

**More pictures coming soon - I am not there to take photos right now.

**Local pickup over a weekend only - I am not there long enough to bring anything in to be custom crated, and doing so makes me very nervous as much of this stuff is too heavy for me to comfortably carry around.

**I am selling this equipment to help me cover the cost of maintaining two homes until one sells, not because I don't want it anymore.  I have a list of people only interested if I decide to have a fire sale and dump things at a fraction of their worth.  Generally speaking, I don't plan to sell anything just for the sake of selling it.

SOLD:

Klipschorns

MacIntosh 2105

Samson S1000

AVAILABLE:

Center channel speaker custom built to sit between two K-horns.  It includes: Upper part - K77, K400, K-55 driver & ALK network in custom cabinet, lower part - (2) Klipsch K22 woofers in Heresy cabinets.  Everything functions and sounds great, the lower cabinets were rescued from someone who was going to toss them because they have some paint on them.  So, they aren't cosmetically perfect, but not that bad, either.  I will try to get photos soon.  Asking $700 for the whole thing.

I have two SVS CS Ultra passive subwoofers - they have been sitting in the same corner since they were purchased 10 - 15 years ago.  They look and sound great.  Asking $600 each.

4 McIntosh MC250 Stereo Power Amplifiers, all in great shape.  Any servicing needed was done at Flanners in West Allis, WI.  Asking $800 each.

Unfortunately, your Realtor is correct. The guys on this forum saying otherwise are audiophiles and love this stuff, as do I.  However, most people are not audiophiles and see the gear as clutter, not to mention the concerns raised where you have made holes to hang things from the ceiling.  We love that, but most people won't.  The other poster who showed his setup in a house that sold had a very clean looking system without any clutter.  Nothing was attached to the home so it is easy to see past that and know it will be gone once the house is bought with no leftover artifacts (holes in the walls/ceiling).

• Like 1

Totally agree with both sides; 

1.Realtor should have insisted on sitting down and take a listen with clients.

2. Bulky yes, but I think it's true most people aren't aware of Klipsch magic.