Optonica SA-5605 receiver, 85W/ch ??? Thoughts ???

Emile

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You are good!   It isn't New York, but what would your second choice be (should have been your first)?

Judging by all the question marks ???? Mr. West Coast Drums I'm guessing he was being sarcastic  :P

OK; how about an Onkyo TX-3000, 45W/ch.  Yes; got some bids in on a  Marantz 2238B and  a 2252B, but really don't feel like spending over $400 for a system I will "barely" use. :D   The Denon system is nice ... but trying to stay with vintage silver stuff ... yeah; just for "looks."

s-l1600.jpg

Pretty cheap HaHa ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Onkyo-TX-3000-stereo-receiver-VG-condition/142948530794?hash=item2148657a6a:g:WfoAAOSwDzFbRQMZ

14 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; can anyone tell me why I am such a cheap a$$. 

My stock account goes up/down by (usually) more than $10,000 daily ... but I'm careful to spend an extra $100 on stereo stuff :D 

Ten thousand in the stock market is just silly numbers you see on your computer screen. 

That hundred bucks is Real Money and comes out of your wallet!  B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I don't know, but maybe you wouldn't feel so bad if you sent a few of those bottles that surely you won't get to my way? 

Emile doesn't share well...  Sometime I'll have to tell you the story about what it took me to steal his cleaning lady and bring her to Ohio for a few weeks!   The receiver?  Onyk, Oynk!   Stock market $$$?  His wallet is taped tite w/purple Duck tape!  Carry on!  😂

Edited by Dave1290
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I found the perfect vintage system for you.

Pretty cool ... responded to this yesterday, but somehow (?)  the response was "gone." Only $40,000 ... pocket change :D  Going to "sleep on it." :D 

Marantz

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Therefore you MUST buy it.

Haha ... I am soooo cheap :D  Waiting for the price to drop :D OK; explanation for the "cheap" comment ... have several Heritage speakers ... Heresy's, Cornwall's, Forte's ... haha; they are all "series I" speakers ... too "cheap" to go to version II or III :D 

• Haha 1