Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

On 11/25/2018 at 5:40 PM, Khornukopia said:

It is the Dayton Audio Planar Horn tweeter. The 105 db sensitivity allows it to be used with a stock passive crossover. Sounds very good and it's dispersion pattern is well suited to the setback from the front edge of the speaker for time alignment positioning. In my case, it is bolted to the overhead shelf.

How do you like the Dayton tweeter as compared to a K-77-M? I'm restoring a pair of Speakerlab K's and I'm having to piece together some missing stuff, one of which is a missing tweeter. I'd love your input. You do some amazing work.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, danalog02 said:

How do you like the Dayton tweeter

As mentioned a few pages earlier, the Dayton tweeters are doing great on my speakers out in the garage. I also like the K-77 tweeters on my other Klipsch speakers that are completely original equipment parts. 

On 3/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, Khornukopia said:

Left surround speaker. Using the 18" x 10" horn here, to compare with the 17" x 11" on the right surround.

IMG_3783.JPG.23fe41209ce255f627e00291c2f321ee.JPG

These are zxpc right? Iam using the zxpc 17 by 11 on top of my chorus  ll and really like the sound. Do you favor one horn over. Thought about trying the 18 by 10 but not sure it would be an upgrade.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:07 AM, Khornukopia said:

I told myself the same thing while visiting a good looking house this weekend. That I need a bigger TV.

I can't say enough good things about my 77" LG OLED 4K TV!! My speakers are NOT pretty but they sound great, so I needed the visuals to be proportional. You need a Subtended angle of 45-50 degrees on your screen, which means I'm 6 ft. away from it while my speakers register 9.6 feet at the corners. My Center Channel makes a perfect TV stand, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 6:20 AM, Lbk said:

These are zxpc right? Iam using the zxpc 17 by 11 on top of my chorus  ll and really like the sound. Do you favor one horn over. Thought about trying the 18 by 10 but not sure it would be an upgrade.

They both worked good for me, so one is not really an upgrade over the other. The main difference is the dispersion angles. The choice might be to use the 17x11 for a narrow listening area, or the 18x10 for a wider set of chairs. The shape of the front flange on the 17x11 can be a factor if you want to install grill cloth.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:21 AM, Khornukopia said:

My front speakers.

P1030323.JPG.8f77f9174e9a0544e100f038975fa376.JPG

The black tower speakers are part of a separate stereo system.

In the best way possible....  "Wow, excellent job!!"

Blue man Group wouldn't seem to have much over you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, Coytee said:

In the best way possible....  "Wow, excellent job!!"

Blue man Group wouldn't seem to have much over you! 

Thanks for the compliment. I have finishing details to work on, but some of the material suppliers are in temporary shut down, so I am playing with other projects around the house.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, Khornukopia said:

They both worked good for me, so one is not really an upgrade over the other. The main difference is the dispersion angles. The choice might be to use the 17x11 for a narrow listening area, or the 18x10 for a wider set of chairs. The shape of the front flange on the 17x11 can be a factor if you want to install grill cloth.

Thanks! The 18 by 10 is shorter in length but 17 by 10 fits better on top of my chorus ll. I like the sound so guess I will stay with them.

• 3 weeks later...