Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

11 hours ago, Delicious2 said:

there's a budding audiofool right there at the window.  Play some bird songs.  Or maybe jazz like...(wait for it)...Donald Byrd.  Kinda how I felt as a poor college student looking in the window of the local hifi shop at Khorns!

That's funny! Since you mentioned it, reminds me about myself at that phase of my life too.

• 2 weeks later...

The baby birds are about twelve inches tall, from head to claw, one month after cautiously venturing out of their nest. They get around very fast now, so will probably depart soon to fly wherever they want for the next six months. I hope to see them again when they return next year.

P1030628.JPG.441137200ab0ac17060458a3f893c0fb.JPG

• Like 1

Speaker grill in place. Bright lights make the woofers visible thru the grill. Normal lighting and the woofer cabinet looks like an innocent box.

P1030690.JPG.813e00dfa269f136465b37d7034fb899.JPG

The first picture may be too dark on some small display devices, so here is a very bright image, with a contrasting background.

P1030687.JPG.bf4e8eacf3677300088f804030ed0088.JPG

• Like 3

I clicked on a different "station" for a change, and this song Never Enough by Kelly Clarkson played. The music was pleasant enough, but the curious thing was how the recording engineer shifted the phase to make the sound go from the 2 front stereo speakers and then out to my sides and then farther back. Made me get up to verify that only the two front channel speakers were getting any signal. The next random songs did not sound that way, and yes I was sober. Interesting.

IMG_3962.JPG.4e52d0b1e9e927bbc59bffdedf5c334a.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, The Dude said:

I like that wrap, makes me want to do something with my 402s.

You should. It transforms the horns into objects of art. I like the way a random pattern design works with the curves of the horn. A solid color is good too. Straight pattern wood grain might be complicated.

A pair of saw-horses with some foam padding on top make a good work stand.

If you plan to use a vinyl wrap, get samples in your hands, because the internet pictures are not accurate enough for a wise choice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

You should. It transforms the horns into objects of art. I like the way a random pattern design works with the curves of the horn. A solid color is good too. Straight pattern wood grain might be complicated.

A pair of saw-horses with some foam padding on top make a good work stand.

If you plan to use a vinyl wrap, get samples in your hands, because the internet pictures are not accurate enough for a wise choice. 

I liked the wood grain wrap on the horn lenses.

28 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

I liked the wood grain wrap on the horn lenses.

Thanks. I also like it a lot, but it was a bit luminous or reflective if I had any room light on during a movie, and that distraction prompted me to apply the chopped carbon vinyl wrap in the home theater room. The burl wood wrap horns are perfect for my garage stereo.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Thanks. I also like it a lot, but it was a bit luminous or reflective if I had any room light on during a movie, and that distraction prompted me to apply the chopped carbon vinyl wrap in the home theater room. The burl wood wrap horns are perfect for my garage stereo.

Ahhh, next you need a Vantablack wrap!

7 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

Ahhh, next you need a Vantablack wrap!

www.abc.net.au › news › science › vantablack

Jan 12, 2017 - "Vantablack, invented by UK technology company Surrey NanoSystems, is a deep black material that absorbs 99.96 per cent of the light that hits it. It can be used to coat 3D objects, turning them into visually flat, black 'holes' without any sense of shape."

I don't know if I have ever seen a Vantablack covered object. Wonder if the Vertically Aligned Nano Tube Arrays surface makes the item look like a void, as they seem to appear in pictures of Vantablack? I will try some on my tweeter horns first.