Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

On 10/24/2020 at 7:06 PM, Marvel said:

Beautiful veneer.

Thanks.   Back when I used to travel and stay in hotels, I would see that the very nicest places and the fancy restaurants often had exotic wood furniture, so my desire was to have some Paul Klipsch signature Rosewood Klipschorns at home. They enhanced my home so nicely that I decided to play with wood veneer as a hobby. Kind of fun, but very time consuming to prep and then clean up, when doing it just once in a while.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have read that some folks make curved diffusion panels by simply binding thin sheet material under tension to form a semi-cylinder. Works good for high frequencies, but the thin panels vibrate, or resonate with low frequency sounds. When the resonance is sympathetic, it makes my woofers sound bigger, but technically it is a form of distortion, so to be properly effective as diffusers, these panels will need to be glued to a rigid backing.

P1030810.JPG.1e93978c3f235df9a23ba816b4c47f25.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NBPK402 said:

How did you setup your k402s...do you aim directly at the MLP... ?

Yes the K-402 horns are toe-in and tilted down slightly so they aim directly at the MLP,  twenty feet away. The horns are 16 feet apart, center to center. The other seats also have good coverage this way.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Khornucopia needs a bigger TV!

, the TV should be more towards the front stage ahead of the speakers ,  on a motorized  foldable bracket that brings the TV  down  for viewing and up flat on the ceiling when not in use , the effect is you sit down , put a Movie on -  the TV Scoops down as the sound just fills the room

On 1/23/2021 at 2:46 PM, RandyH000 said:

the TV should be more towards the front stage ahead of the speakers ,  on a motorized  foldable bracket that brings the TV  down  for viewing and up flat on the ceiling when not in use

I pulled this air cylinder out of my box of spare parts. Maybe I can use it as a tilt actuator. 

IMG_4157.JPG.4658b73b455cc038aec6c8fd815c237b.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Looks like the 402's got the measles! Looks cool overall though. A source of pride, I'm sure!

On 1/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, Marvel said:

The horns have a vinyl wrap that looks different with the  camera...

As Marvel has pointed out, the camera captures the black "fragments" of this vinyl wrap surface texture very differently than it appears in person. Maybe I need a better camera, but the bigger big screen TV just moved up past that on the wish list!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

Yes I do. The big speakers make the 70" screen look small.

Mine is a 77" OLED, but is sit at 5.5 feet from it in may small living room. It gives me perfect resolution of true 4K program, which is still rare unless you create it yourself. Also it gives me a perfect 50 degree subtended Angle, which is equivalent to the "sweet spot" in an IMAX theater. IOW, it fits all of Dolby's criteria for Reference Viewing and sound. Projectors suck in comparison to the full dynamics of OLED.