Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

Bought a case of Sound Seal acoustic wall panels. Made of one inch thick rigid fiberglass and covered with Guilford acoustic cloth. Several of these on the walls of a room make the room sound better.

DSCF0748.JPG.9217fa749db94b737a071aad75074de3.JPG

DSCF0740.JPG.6440d70753c5d19eca9f89b80e1deacb.JPG

Where did you get the Materials for these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Where did you get the Materials for these

I bought the factory wrapped panels as seen in the picture, but you can save a bunch of money if you order the Owens-Corning 700 series rigid fiberglass boards from your local hardware store and the fabric from Guilford of Maine, or AcousticalSurfaces.com, or the fabric aisle in some local craft stores. On my panels, it looks like they first sprayed the edges of the fiberglass panels with a coat of contact cement that was allowed to dry, creating stiff corners, then sprayed again with contact cement to adhere the fabric wrap.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Khornukopia said:

Had some big old cabinets sitting around, so I pulled the original sub drivers out, veneered the cabinet faces and swapped in some 18" Ultimax subwoofer drivers, shown here inside out. These Ultimax have dual 2 Ohm voice coils, but for my application I connect the voice coils in series to give the amplifier a nominal 4 Ohm load. 

DSCF0862.JPG.ff44cb2597fd897a4b86476fd6213aca.JPG

Good move. 2 ohms look like short  circuit to some amplifiers!

On 7/18/2021 at 6:40 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

When are you going to come visit and help me veneer my JBLs?  😀

I should take a vacation and visit you, your speakers and other interesting places near your new home. What woodgrain are you thinking of putting on your speakers?

13 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I should take a vacation and visit you, your speakers and other interesting places near your new home. What woodgrain are you thinking of putting on your speakers?

Don't know as of yet, but we should talk. Come down to visit, you have my number. We can make a day out of it. 

• 3 months later...
To keep, or not to keep, is the question that crosses my mind about my extra pairs of Brazilian Rosewood Klipschorns. Some of them have not been connected for a while, they just sit around my house being really beautiful art objects.

What should I do?

IMG_06451.thumb.jpg.7c8bcb16e5e2cbe606804d23516953da.jpg

1416189417_168-Copy.JPG.e1899903ddd03eb373addbfd30a2b308.JPG

P1030426C.JPG.b4ffdd21823281c5353de0fbfbcd62e1.JPG

Well I could babysit them until you miss them. Lol. I have plenty of room for any of your speakers, more importantly my wife loves Klipsch speakers as much as I do

On 10/25/2021 at 5:34 PM, carlthess40 said:

Well I could babysit them until you miss them. Lol. I have plenty of room for any of your speakers, more importantly my wife loves Klipsch speakers as much as I do

That is very kind of you to offer to care for my extra speakers, but these beauties deserve minimum moving and handling to maintain their crisp edges for whoever owns them. Cool that your wife loves Klipsch speakers too.

• Like 1