Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

On 6/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, the real Duke Spinner said:

I would have to paint that Horn ...

On 7/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, babadono said:

Gettin' dizzy?:)

repost of picture for context:

wrap.jpg.9e9a0750cdc38ede83811f0dc05b6d7f.jpg

Its ok if you joke about it. 😀 In reality, the visual effect of the "chopped carbon" wrap is even more attractive in person than in the pictures, and I really like the way they look in my home.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Its ok if you joke about it. 😀 In reality, the visual effect of the "chopped carbon" wrap is much more attractive in person than in the pictures, and I really like the way they look in my home.

That does look pretty good.  It might break up the massive size of the 402s in my living room.  Where do you get it and how hard is it to install smoothly?  For instance, can it be repositioned if you get a section crooked on your first attempt?  In my experience of doing things for the first time, with two or more items, it’s often embarrassingly easy to see which was the first one done and which was done after the experience of doing the first one.  Obviously, this is something I’d want to avoid.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Islander said:

That does look pretty good.  It might break up the massive size of the 402s in my living room.  Where do you get it and how hard is it to install smoothly?  For instance, can it be repositioned if you get a section crooked on your first attempt?  In my experience of doing things for the first time, with two or more items, it’s often embarrassingly easy to see which was the first one done and which was done after the experience of doing the first one.  Obviously, this is something I’d want to avoid.

There are online retailers of automotive vinyl wrap products. I have bought from a few, including Amazon. Most of the vinyl wraps are repositionable on most clean, smooth surfaces.

I can't say how easy or frustrating the installation could be for anyone else, just that there is "work and experience" involved to produce a favorable outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

Its ok if you joke about it. 😀 In reality, the visual effect of the "chopped carbon" wrap is much more attractive in person than in the pictures, and I really like the way they look in my home.

Looks awesome to me...I think I posted long ago when you first showed it off.."it's full of stars"...you know like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 1:20 PM, babadono said:

"it's full of stars"

On 5/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, Khornukopia said:

I like it. That is a perfectly fitting phrase for this scene of my audio space odyssey.

Back in 2020 more than 2 years ago.....for gosh sakes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 85" TV is hanging from the ceiling about seven feet forward of the center speaker. It is high enough to be out of the sound path but, the backside of it is 20 sq. ft. of smooth plastic. To reduce the reverb from that surface, there is a curtain of acoustic panels hanging behind the TV. The panels attach to the ceiling by French cleats so, they are easy to unhook and set aside if needed.

20220719_230650.jpg.8bc9d9df49648fcb65c909a65a816360.jpg

Edited by Khornukopia
added picture
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:04 PM, Khornukopia said:

Replaced my (Radian) center channel tweeter driver today, so now my left front, center and right front KPT-415 & K-402 speakers all have the Celestion Axi-2050. 

Does the Axi2050 come with a connecting cable?  If so, what type of connectors are on the far end?

1 minute ago, MMurg said:

Does the Axi2050 come with a connecting wire?  If so, what type of connectors are on the far end?

Wire is not included with the driver. It has standard .250" flat spade male terminals, so you will need female terminals for your wire ends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Wire is not included with the driver. It has standard .250" flat spade male terminals, so you will need female terminals for your wire ends.

Thanks.  I saw the driver side connectors on my Jubilee.  🙂  Just didn't know if I had to make a cable.  Any recommendations on connectors?  The ones in your picture look high quality.  Where did you get those?

18 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Just assumed it was you replying.

It is okay, the forum is a great place for many good different sources of information.

In the meantime, here is a link to the connectors I used for my tweeters. 1/4" (22-18) Nylon Insulated Female Disconnect Crimp Terminal Red 50 Pcs. (parts-express.com)

I also use the ratcheting crimper tool shown on that page.

• Like 2