Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

1 minute ago, Khornukopia said:

I have the active crossover and wires ready to be connected, but am still using the OEM passive networks for now.

It's OK. Take your time, we are waiting patiently for your review of both.  Do I get an "admit one" ticket to the man cave sometime down the road? 😁

Just now, Khornukopia said:

Sure, and who knows, I might want to buy more speakers from you, to qualify the long drive. 

You competing with @jwc now eh? He's not exactly a next door neighbor for me otherwise id be knocking on his door too.   Didn't have the time or the space to be able to hear a pair of the grands as you could see when you can over.   I would Def like to hear the after you get them dialed in nicely.   I can compare to the jubes I heard from @babadono

On 11/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, Khornukopia said:

Thanks. I had delayed getting the big K-402 for years because I was not sure they would have the correct proportions on the K-horns, but they fit just right.

I actually like how the big horn extends wider than the front panel of the K. Like a big beautiful sound mushroom! And with that wood trim around the big horn... I think I am finally looking at the 'trophy" speakers I will ultimately put together and reward myself with.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I simply thinks it needs to be repeated.  Nice job!!

Gonna have to agree sincerely.  I'm really digging your veneer job on these Cornwall IIs I got from you and these may end up staying in my living room.  Eager to see what you think of the KPT 535 3 way setup once it's all dialed in. 

39 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Gonna have to agree sincerely.  I'm really digging your veneer job on these Cornwall IIs I got from you and these may end up staying in my living room.  Eager to see what you think of the KPT 535 3 way setup once it's all dialed in. 

Pics!!

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

Rosewood, always loved it. He got me as a sucker for the veneer 😏

It's the contrasting dark veins that really make woods like these pop. I've dabbled in creating this contrast by dying wood black then wiping the dye off before staining. 

• Like 1