Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

3 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

The center speaker bass bin will be turned on its side during the next stage of progress. Right now it can be pulled in and out without disturbing the amps and all the wires in the cabinet above it.

IMG_3485C.JPG.2228e352ca60718ba0fbc191fc0b90bf.JPG

Wow, in just over a year, look what this project has evolved into.  Congrats, looking and likely sounding better all the time.   

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I have seen pictures of the work on your outside bar. Adding some trim to the speakers should be easy for you.

It's just the get around to it, and going to get some Red Oak to match the bass bins. 

Of all the woodworking I have done I still do not like making nice 45's, it's not hard it just gets me nervous for some reason. I tend to look at the smallest problem if I built it.  :(

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I will work on color matching the whole set.

I hate that part, especially with different types of wood, I need more patience. 

I really like the colors you picked out, not to dark or light, and makes the grain stand out. :emotion-21:

On 12/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, dtel said:

I thought of that ...

On 12/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, dtel said:

... to get some Red Oak to match the bass bins. 

Maybe something like this peel and stick Red Oak veneer from Rockler.com could work for you. https://www.rockler.com/cabinet-refacing-banding  2 3/8" x 25' is the correct width and length for one pair of K-402s. Just stain to match your bass cabinets, cut the corner miters with a razor knife and then apply directly to the flat flange perimeter on the face of the horns.

The conical remote control extenders are useful when you want to store your remote controlled equipment out of sight. One unit is placed behind the door, directly in front of the device to be controlled, and the transmitter unit is set somewhere in the room where it can "see" your hand-held IR remote. These are RF wireless, but still need a wall outlet for power.

IMG_3516.JPG.c576c514ce676aba1f005f34b7a2762e.JPG

I added some wheels to the free standing corners for my bi-amped Klipschorns, so I can easily roll them out onto the driveway. There is one regular wheel and two locking swivel casters.

These K-horns sound so good out here in the garage, it really highlights how much the room affects the sound quality.

IMG_3573.JPG.f40ef03274cde5ba8584386feea939a3.JPG.

IMG_3566.JPG.93617150f2f3d4cbd3ddd537566e1a70.JPG

• Like 1