Bi-Amped K-Horn + K-402 horns w/ KPT-415 woofers

Khornukopia

In the process of swapping out the woofer in a La Scala bass bin, I encountered the typical stuck-to-the-gasket, flush mounted access panel. So, after removing ALL the panel screws, I went and got one oversize screw and ran that into the panel about 5/8" deep. Then I used a small prybar to pull the panel up. It is not my original idea, many machinery parts have a threaded hole for the purpose of attaching a puller. 

P1020928.JPG.41208f2a2cdfc019c996f1f1ffbb0371.JPG

P1020929.JPG.fee0a7b097a671ab010557be85f10edc.JPG

I lived out in the Rockies for some years after growing up in WI.  The scenery is majestic and terrain obviously more or less greater in 3D qualities out there..  I ended up back (slightly different part of midwest) where it doesn't matter what the horizon looks like because it can't be seen for the Hardwood Trees.  The eastern mountains are better for their non-high-altitude-desert qualities but there's too many other folks everywhere.  The story is that used to be when white man got here a squirrel could start out on the east coast and make it to the Mississippi without ever touching the ground if it so wanted.    I've seen in writing that Indiana was 85% forested back then, but the white man handily reversed that figure by the early 1900s.  No stereos or such but it must've been great to have seen and lived in its "original" state.

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I make my corners by screwing a piece of angle iron to the edge of two door slabs. Then attached the slabs on a base or a cross brace to form a rigid triangle. Easier than building a stick frame and covering that with plywood.

IMG_1545.JPG.4f796d0c8d47b432cc67a85838ec3a89.JPG

The door knob holes are in the right spot for feeding the wires through.

Great idea and very clever.  Good on ya!

Although it was over 30 years ago, my father picked up five solid core doors with no holes in them for $5 each. Beautiful red oak. I used one for a desktop. Massive, extremely heavy. It took two people to move it. I'm sure those give you solid corners for your khorns.

Bruce

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

Although it was over 30 years ago, my father picked up five solid core doors with no holes in them for $5 each. Beautiful red oak. I used one for a desktop. Massive, extremely heavy. It took two people to move it. I'm sure those give you solid corners for your khorns.

Bruce

The door slabs do a good job and they are fairly easy to re-position.

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I use solid door slabs that I picked up at Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  Several forum folks have seen and heard them, although I don't think they really knew what they were until I told the secret.....

Khornukopia took the solid core doors to another level adding the angled iron. If drywall corners sound better than solid doors I would be surprised, they sound that good, your set up sounds great. I wonder how the Jubes will sound against the doors? 😁😁😁

Mark