RSB-6 Sound Bar not powering on

sharp3d

I recently got an RSB-6 sound bar for use in my bedroom. When I first connected it to my TCL 55" Roku TV it worked great and had good sound.

I connected it via HDMI CEC using the ARC input on my TV. In order to get sound, the soundbar was set to it's HDMI input, this made sense. Once I was done setting it up, I powered the TV off which also powered the soundbar down. I powered the TV back on and the soundbar came on, then I turned the TV off again and the sound bar went off again. So far so good. 

The next time I turned the TV on was maybe 7-8 hours later. I powered my TV on, just as before my TV shut it's speakers off because it detected it was connected to the soundbar, however the sound bar didn't power on. When I tried to turn the sound bar on using the Klipsch remote, it still would not power on. I had to unplug the power adapter from the sound bar and plug it back in to get it to turn on. It seemed to work fine again after that. I could turn the sound bar on/off when I powered the TV on/off. However, if the soundbar sat in it's off state for too long, the only way to get it to power on again was to unplug it's power chord and plug it back in.

I checked for a firmware update and found one. I updated the sound bar to the latest version. After doing so, I no longer got sound. This was puzzling until I switch the sound bars input to "TV" then I was able to get sound. So before the firmware update the sound bar had to be set to HDMI input and after the update it had to be set to TV input. Weird but whatever. So I did the same thing, waited many hours to see if it would power on after being off. It seemed to work fine for about 2 days, but now it's doing the same thing. Won't power on via the TV being powered on or the Klipsch remote. Power cycle only.

Is there anything else I can do? Your help/advice is appreciated.  

Edited by sharp3d

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Man, I have got the same issue with my new RSB-6.

My supplier said, it was because RSB-6 does support 4K  but my TV doesn't,  which was totally make no sense to me.

I have bought new HDMI cable and try but still doesn't work.

Right now, I am using the digital mode instead, it works fine, but I still need the HDMI to work, because the remote is very low quality and not going to last long.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem.  The remote won't turn the sound bar on.  I have to unplug the power from the back and then plug it back in after 10 seconds, it then turns on from the remote.

Anybody have any idea as to why this would happen after 2.5 years of good service?  (Despite a terrible remote, I hate this thing).

THanks - Tyler - 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone find a solution to this issue yet?  I've had this sound bar for several years, I love the sound it produces, but this is a nuisance. About 6 months ago I got fed up and bought a premium Audioquest HDMI cable for $50 and I thought the problem was solved, but it just came back...