Surround to Ceiling speakers

Bostonmurf

Hi everyone, Im wondering if you can help me. I have a single RS 52 II which ive been trying to sell for over a year but no joy. so im on to plan 2, i have a dolby atmos setup which im very happy with but i have 4 cheap in ceiling speakers which even though i like them it bugs me they are not klipsch like the rest of the set up. is there anyway i can split up the RS 52 II into 2 separate speakers and use them instead. It seems they are the same components as the RB 51 IIs - could i just build 2 bookshelf crossovers and use them mounted in the ceiling? if this seems possible does anyone have the RB 51 II schematic for the crossovers?

thanks for any help in advance

Edited by Bostonmurf

im currently using Micca M-85 in the ceiling (i have 4 of them) 

room size is 13ft x 24ft. ceiling height is 10ft

im using RP280Fs for front and rear 

center RP450c

RP160M for sides

SVS cylinder sub 12in

in ceiling speakers are Micca M-85 (i have 4 of them)

2 cinema arm chairs with Aura bass shakers.

Emotiva power amps and Denon receiver

i figured if i can use the RS in place of 2 of them then eventually do the same with the remaining 2 id have a full Klipsch setup

thanks in advance for your help

Edited by Bostonmurf

You are in a large room.  These speaker work well in a sheet rock ceiling.  They will also work with a tile ceiling commonly used in basements. Make sure to run auto EQ, angle the speakers correctly.  Your speakers are not a bad choice and don't have to be Klipsch.  Mines are not Klipsch.  Atmos speakers deliver ambient sound.  This sound is glass breaking overhead, rain, footsteps upstair, etc.  These speakers are not that active and also, lower volume than most of the other speakers.  Many people think they should be more active but, they are not.  Try to listen to some other peoples Atmos setup and compare.  Also, surround speakers(side and rear surrounds) higher up on the wall will help with the overhead effects.