Another diamond from Arkansas

dtel

• Moderators

Well it happened again, a lady on vacation found an almost 3 carat diamond  2 days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/09/27/colorado-woman-uncovers-nearly-3-carat-diamond-at-arkansas-state-park-in-find-lifetime.html

More than 33,100 diamonds have been found by park visitors since the Crater of Diamonds became an Arkansas state park in 1972. Notable diamonds found at the Crater include the 40.23-carat Uncle Sam, the largest diamond ever unearthed in the U.S.; the 16.37-carat Amarillo Starlight; the 15.33-carat Star of Arkansas; and the 8.52-carat Esperanza. 

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/crater-diamonds-state-park

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Everything has it's price. When your dying of thirst a diamond is useless and has no value but a glass of water does.

JJK

If you go to that place in the summer you could probably use the water more, it's hot. I sat under the trees taking pictures while they played.

jubefest_9_07_(32).JPG

jubefest_9_07_(16).JPG

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I suppose if you are settling for a catfish...

Many do, even if they don't know at first, looking at people today I am glad I am not single.

49 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Is this your version of a cheap date?

To me it would be just the opposite.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, dtel said:

Better have  boots, they say after it had been disced then a rain is best, and probably the most messy. 

That's alright, just use the sprayers to hose off before you leave!  Swimsuits, shorts, and rubber boots are best if the weather is right.  They also have a little water park there to play in and cool down in summer.  Lots of memories from here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/27/2018 at 6:56 PM, oldtimer said:

Diamonds, unless used for a purpose like a cutting tool, are only worth what they bring as part of the greater fool concept.

They are pretty much like everything else in the luxury item field, and probably 95% of audio.

A Picasso painting, '63 Ferarri GTO, front row tickets for the Stones, 

a bottle of Bryant Family Cab, could all be considered "useless" but the fact remains there are way more willing and able buyers than supply, which creates even more demand.

Come to think of it, for some wives, getting a diamond makes them quite happy, so if the old adage is true, happy wife, happy life, they worth could approach near elasticity.  

However, with diamonds the supply is artificially limited and supply chain tightly controlled so the prices are grossly inflated.  I think high grade emeralds are far more rare and should be way more expensive than diamonds, but there just isn't the demand.  

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Now excuse me while I get back to my $4 cup of coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

A Picasso painting, '63 Ferarri GTO, front row tickets for the Stones, 

a bottle of Bryant Family Cab, could all be considered "useless" but the fact remains there are way more willing and able buyers than supply, which creates even more demand.

I would have thought you'd said a bottle of Pappys.

• Haha 1