Another diamond from Arkansas

dtel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, babadono said:

When I read the title I thought Klipsch and chief bonehead had come out with a new exceptional speaker:)

If I were Roy I would be a little worried trying to top the jube, Forte lll and the 396.

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

If I were Roy I would be a little worried trying to top the jube, Forte lll and the 396.

I'd love to see Roy attempt a true bookshelf speaker as PWK might have if he'd decided to do something smaller than Heresy. For me, the all time champion in that class remains the Frazier Monte Carlo. Low cost, high efficiency, and incredible sound. As with his other designs, the MC used what he referred to as "modified Helmholtz radiator" to achieve the efficiency. I think that would be a great challenge for the Oberlautsprecherfuehrer and something the Klipsch line could use. 

Dave

23 minutes ago, Mallette said:

I'd love to see Roy attempt a true bookshelf speaker as PWK might have if he'd decided to do something smaller than Heresy. For me, the all time champion in that class remains the Frazier Monte Carlo. Low cost, high efficiency, and incredible sound. As with his other designs, the MC used what he referred to as "modified Helmholtz radiator" to achieve the efficiency. I think that would be a great challenge for the Oberlautsprecherfuehrer and something the Klipsch line could use. 

Dave

Wasnt there a prototype LaScala computer speaker on a Klipsch blog post a while back?

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Dave

He designed and built some studio monitors, but I don't think they had horn loaded bass though. 

The Monte Carlo was a two way with an 8" mid/woof. It was good to 50hz. Certainly wouldn't play as loud as a Heresy, but at lower levels it was fully comparable in sound quality. I can't recall the efficiency, but seems it was 86db/w/m. 

Dave