WTB-McIntosh ML 1C speakers

luddite

1 hour ago, wstrickland1 said:

Nice, good luck. I've wanted some XRT 100's for a room and finally found a pair but need to sell some stuff. My problem is I'm lazy as hell about this sort of thing so I guess I'll stay with the Palladiums, which are probably better anyway.

I went through this years a go with B&W's 800 series, wound up spending gobs of money and finally back to Klipsch with Palladiums.  Just keep the Palladiums.  If you sell to fund the replacements, you might find yourself looking for a replacement pair at a higher price.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I went through this years a go with B&W's 800 series, wound up spending gobs of money and finally back to Klipsch with Palladiums.  Just keep the Palladiums.  If you sell to fund the replacements, you might find yourself looking for a replacement pair at a higher price.

Agreed. They're fantastic and hard to find so I would regret.  Never thought the 100s wpuld be in striking distance but the fever quickly passed

Not much to choose from with 40 year old items.  I am always amused with sellers describing "condition as expected for speakers of this age" when the speakers are totally trashed.  Surrounds rotted out, grills shredded and falling out, and cabinets which are total redos.  I can wait to find pieces which I feel will be worth purchasing.  Thanks for the help.  

• 1 month later...

I'm interested.  

I had a poster here called "Tenvern" send me a PM.  Said he had a friend in Eugene, OR, with a pair for sale.  Single post, joined the Group to contact me, no other posts.  I contacted the guy, he said the speakers were sold, and referred me to someone else in Denver who had another pair.  I have had contact with them, but they sound sketchy too.  Have been hesitant to pursue the purchase.  I have had good experiences with members of this Group regarding sales/purchases.  It really bugs me when I have to second guess somebody as to whether they are for real, or out to rip me off.  

Thanks to Moosee for the heads up.  

It's interesting that one of the listings on eBay has a set of speakest in IN which have the same pictures as the pair this dirtbag in CO is trying to sell me.  

Let the buyer beware.  If "Tenvern" posts here again, be aware, he's bad news.