Heresy III vs Forte III

tomy2

Hi there, been following this forum from time to time over the years and decided to finally join and ask some questions. I was able to listen to a pair of Heresy III’s today and really loved what I heard and really liked how modest in size they were as well as the price tag. I have not had a chance yet to hear some Forte III’s so I’m wondering from those who have heard or have both what are some of the key differences and similarities. I believe the mid horn on the Forte is different or newer than the Heresy so I’d like to know how the two compare. If one has a subwoofer or two to mate with a pair of Heresy III’s is that just as good or equivalent to a pair of Forte III’s?

I already own a pair of Rythmik subs and have a Melody AN845 integrated I’d like to use with either of these speakers but I guess I’d like to know if the Forte III is worth the extra money. The room that they would be in is about 18x12 but is open on one end. I’d like to find either an owner or dealer for the Forte’s so that I can take a listen but until then it would be nice to hear some opinions or thoughts about these two. 

My opinion after owning both, go with the heresys, save that money since you already have subs.   Spend some time blending the subs to the speakers and you will be well rewarded. Those rythmik are supposed to be fast and musical and should make an excellent match.  In my ro and for my tastes, the heresys we much smooth.   I would give a slight knod in SQ to the fortes, but they have a very narrow frequency band that bugged me.  That pair of subs will fill your open concept room better and you will have much better control to dial in exactly what it is you want. Good luck, let us know how it goes.  

Thanks Shakey for your message. 

Westcoastdrums- I came away from the audition of the Heresy III’s thinking I could be satisfied with them and like the idea of being able to adjust the amount of bass with subs. They were so musically enjoyable and the tone of instruments were just amazing as well as vocals. Would you say the Forte III’s are just as musical but more detailed in the midrange? Are they by chance brighter than the Heresy’s?

I'll chime in as I have owned both and am now on the Heresy's. I loved the Forte's, I thought perhaps once of the best speakers I have owned (and that's many). I needed at the time to free up some $$ so I sold them and got a deal on the Heresy's. Personally, I don't feel the need for a sub(s) with them though I know many do. In my studio type apartment they sound great with solid if not subterranean bass.I always found blending a sub correctly to be difficult at best. Someday, when finances allow, I will have the Forte's again. Just my 2 cents, both are awesome in their own respect.....

10 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

They are more detailed than the heresys. Agree in the low treble or high mids.  I forget exactly where exactly now.   I took advice on here and fired them straight ahead, no toe in and is almost eliminated this.  I prefer heresys with subs. 

I was one of the owners who mentioned not toeing in the Forte III. Just a very slight toe in made the tonal balance much more linear.

Shakey

• Thanks 1

Thanks everybody for your responses. If there is anybody in the Phoenix AZ area that has a set of Forte III’s and wouldn’t mind having someone come over to take a listen please let me know. Is there a place to put up a notice here or somewhere for auditioning Klipsch speakers?

Tomy2

My vote would be the F3.  I have owned my forte II new, since 1992.  Upgraded networks and put titanium diaphragms in the squawker and tweeters.  I have never heard another Klipsch speaker that was as balanced.  Subs with the F3  should sound real good.

PS. My speakers have never been toed in in over 26 years.

Regards,

John 

Thanks John. I’m leaning toward the Forte’s and while it would be nice to hear them first  I may have to just take the plunge. I’m moving in a few weeks and with the holidays coming soon after that I’m going to get serious about looking for a pair at the first of the year. 

there is not going to be a contest between a pair of H3 and a pair of Forte 3 sub or no sub. Forte 3 has a better mid driver and a better mid horn and it also makes bass. The H3 and the Forte 3 both take up exactly the same floor space the only difference is height which is important because you want to have the centre of your mid horn at your seated ear level. If you have the funds purchase the Forte 3 you will not regret the decision.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, moray james said:

there is not going to be a contest between a pair of H3 and a pair of Forte 3 sub or no sub. Forte 3 has a better mid driver and a better mid horn and it also makes bass. The H3 and the Forte 3 both take up exactly the same floor space the only difference is height which is important because you want to have the centre of your mid horn at your seated ear level. If you have the funds purchase the Forte 3 you will not regret the decision.

didn't you get rid of all your Klipsche speakers and change brands about two years ago? I used to see you on here talking about modding the different Klipsche speakers and then abandoning Klipsche forever. Also didn't you have some really cool AR Turtntables that had Plinths built by that guy that makes the most beautiful turntable plinths out of Austin Texas?

On 9/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, tomy2 said:

Hi there, been following this forum from time to time over the years and decided to finally join and ask some questions. I was able to listen to a pair of Heresy III’s today and really loved what I heard and really liked how modest in size they were as well as the price tag. I have not had a chance yet to hear some Forte III’s so I’m wondering from those who have heard or have both what are some of the key differences and similarities. I believe the mid horn on the Forte is different or newer than the Heresy so I’d like to know how the two compare. If one has a subwoofer or two to mate with a pair of Heresy III’s is that just as good or equivalent to a pair of Forte III’s?

I already own a pair of Rythmik subs and have a Melody AN845 integrated I’d like to use with either of these speakers but I guess I’d like to know if the Forte III is worth the extra money. The room that they would be in is about 18x12 but is open on one end. I’d like to find either an owner or dealer for the Forte’s so that I can take a listen but until then it would be nice to hear some opinions or thoughts about these two. 

I have heard both of these speakers in the same room, with the same material, with the same source amps, preamps, etc.(at the Klipsch factory demo room in Hope, AR)  I was very impressed with the Heresy III, so much so that I purchased a pair.  With your pair of subs, I honestly don't think the additional expenditure for the Forte III is justified.  JMHO.  

I would buy a Forte 3 just for the massively better mid horn alone, even if it used the same mid driver as the H3. This is not a subjective comment, to suggest that the K701 is equal in performance to the horn in the Forte 3 is ridiculous and incorrect.That there are some who cannot hear the difference is entirely understandable. The fact that some do not appreciate the difference and improvement should mean nothing to you. If you listen to both and you do not hear a difference then save your money. That is the only test which should ever matter to you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

After owning both, I would agree and plan to go back to the heresy IIIs with a pair of SVS subs. 

I have owned many SVS and Rythmik subwoofers and I can tell you that $/$, Rythmik offers better $/performance ratio. 

I would consider both companies in my top 5 subwoofer companies out there and SVS’s return policy and customer bill of rights is pretty much unmatched. Just don’t sleep on “little” Rythmik as their customer service is also amazing, plus you can actually speak to the owner of the company, if you were so inclined.

3 hours ago, K5SS said:

I love me some Rythmik subs!  Which ones do you own?

Sorry, don’t have any experience with either of the mentioned speakers, just saw a fellow Rythmik supporter and I thought I’d chime in😬 

I got a pair of E15’s. When I first got them I was more into home theatre and paired them with some Salk Songtowers which had replaced a pair of RF 82 II’s because I was looking for a more natural sounding speaker for dialogue. Had I known what the Heritage line sounded like I probably would have made the move a lot earlier but here I am 6 years later and thinking very hard of going back to Klipsch. Those Heresy III’s really made an impression on me with how natural and real voices and instruments sounded. 

• Like 2

No one said I haven't owned rythmik and svs (among others in the past) .... Nor that a difference between Forte III and heresy III cannot be heard.   Jim stated, to which I agree, that the heresys are SIGNIFICANTLY less money and therefore in his mind, a better value.  It can never be emphasized enough that if 5 people with different listening habits sat in the same room listening to the same components, each could easily have an entirely different opinion and preference.   Doesn't make one person's option superior or inferior to another.   The fact that I can get a pair of heresys and a pair of subs for the same money that I would buy a pair of the fortes with tells me what I need to know.