SOLD: Zu Ibis Cables/Jumpers

rplace

These are 8 Inch or 20cm. Zu does a much better job explaining than I can https://www.zuaudio.com/classic-cables/ibis-jumpers

They are terminated with banana plugs. Zu touts them as a replacement for cheap jumpers on your bi-wired speakers. I did not buy them for this purpose but for a set up that I have since changed. The set that is open was used for about 3 weeks and worked great. The other set is unopened/unused.

$25 for either set + shipping, there are two sets. Each set contains 4 cables. PPal F&F or check/MO for long time members.

IMG_20180928_103209501.jpg.db54c75e8926222f10b91a729898e48c.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Schu said:

I had been thinking for a reason to take these from you because they look nice... I guess I missed it.

Those guys at Zu know what they are doing. They are like audio jewelry. So solid and well made. Really flexible. Terminations are flawless. I've got a couple of 1 meter cables from them. I actually like moving them between gear compared to my mix of mostly Blue Jean and others. They would have looked great in your stunning room with your well thought out system.

Those look fantastic, as does the design, engineering, technology and construction.  With banana plug ends those would be just long enough to connect my pre-pro to my amp.

Don't tell me lamp cord is good enough, I like having nice stuff.  B)

+++

I know the theory behind directional cables and it makes good sense to me but Zu advises 400 hours of break-in is needed.  I wonder what the theory is behind that?  (asked with an open mind)    I'm not sure how Teflon is  used in cables. 

Here's what Zu comments:

"Zu Ibis Jumpers will require a good bit of play before they are fully burned in, roughly 400 hours—the use of Teflon® equals slow burn-in."

Edit:  Here is the link to Zu's explanation

https://www.zuaudio.com/questions-list/2013/8/18/what-is-burn-in

• Like 1

I guess these are back on the market @Schu if you are interested. Original buyer is a total flake, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt he/she was just having a bad day and not post their name. This place really needs a feedback sub forum where both buyers and seller can evaluate each other.

Apparently I have nothing better to do then create fake Zu cables in my copious amounts of spare time or I buy legit cables just to get the banana plugs, swap them out with "fake" ones and hock my wares to you unsuspecting soles. My entire 14 year history on this forum with dozens of transactions with fantastic people was all to lay this trap…..drat, I was foiled. I would have gotten away with it if it were not for you meddling kids. I'm off to find a Scobey snack.

For the rest of you whom have been suspicious of my cable-fake-ery here are some up close pix of the end and the shipping box from back in February (I faked that too). If not painfully obvious. I'm the original owner, I bought them directly from Zu. If you get them and don't think they are legit please send them back and I'll refund your money.

Some recent people I've bought and sold from if you want to track down some real feedback on me @jimjimbo, @rigma, @KeithMcGowan, @joessportster, @muel I gave muel 20+ pounds of 78s and paid for the shipping myself so technically not a transaction, but seems to prove my worth to the Klipsch community in general.

IMG_20181004_130917997.jpg.dc92b693163ba8eba14e12e4298b6f9a.jpg

2106919759_IMG_20181004_131012941_BURST000_COVER_TOP2.jpg.d423dc9afc4be3acefddb179a947640a.jpg

473865120_IMG_20181004_131027179_BURST000_COVER_TOP2.jpg.d42e46219c1e93e32a477378c52a0ed1.jpg

1208232230_IMG_20181004_131034630_BURST000_COVER_TOP2.jpg.34622726e18ab77703441707aa3bfaaa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rplace said:

Apparently I have nothing better to do then create fake Zu cables in my copious amounts of spare time or I buy legit cables just to get the banana plugs, swap them out with "fake" ones and hock my wares to you unsuspecting soles. My entire 14 year history on this forum with dozens of transactions with fantastic people was all to lay this trap…..drat, I was foiled. I would have gotten away with it if it were not for you meddling kids. I'm off to find a Scobey snack.

Bah hah hah hah! The "meddling kids". Most amusing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rplace said:

My entire 14 year history on this forum with dozens of transactions with fantastic people was all to lay this trap…..drat, I was foiled. I would have gotten away with it if it were not for you meddling kids. I'm off to find a Scobey snack.

I love sarcasm and I'd like to fire back with a snappy reply, but you're the master!  :lol:  :emotion-21:

• Thanks 1