Advice on fix for my KSW 15

Trwirth

Hello.  I am sad at present because my 20 year old KSW 15 powered subwoofer seems to have stopped working.  The power light is weakly lit in both off and auto but when the switch is moved to on it goes out.  No sound at all even though the main speakers work fine.  It has not been used in over a month because a needed replacement of my preamp and when powered back up it would not.  How can I best attempt to get it repaired and secondly,  is it going to be worth the efforts?  Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the help!   Seriously,  for those in the same shape i am in I will share the solution I came up with doing some research.  I found a place that can repair/rebuild the circuit panel/board from my KSW 15.  I removed the panel complete from my sub (8 screws and 3 wires w/spades/plugs)  and sent it in yesterday after talking with them on the phone.  Cost to repair is $125 complete no matter what is wrong and turnaround is about 5 working days.  May seem expensive but I really like the speaker.

Contact Info:

Global Battery Solutions/Sybesmsa  Electronics

581 Ottawa Ave

Holland, Michigan

800-456-4265

• Like 1

Old disposable subwoofer, I owned one myself (paid over $500 for it) it was boomy and crappy sounding it would be better to apply those funds towards a new subwoofer.  The port came loose and the trim ring on the woofer had to be re-glued I quickly parted with it.  Hope it works out for you though.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, Trwirth said:

Cost to repair is $125 complete no matter what is wrong and turnaround is about 5 working days.  May seem expensive but I really like the speaker.

Contact Info:

Global Battery Solutions/Sybesmsa  Electronics

581 Ottawa Ave

Holland, Michigan

800-456-4265

Thanks for the heads up please keep us updated on the progress. If you're happy with the sub $125 is not a bad price to keep it going but keep in mind new subs have really come down in price over the years Fry's has some pretty deep discounts at times especially around the holiday season something to keep in mind. Hope it all works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, derrickdj1 said:

Time for a new sub.  🤧

OK,  It's starting to look like the amp may not be repairable.  So.....I just might have to start looking at a new sub.   Would like to ask advice as to what I should look at to replace the KSW 15 that would work with my Chorus II main speakers.  Room size is approx 16 X 16.

Soooo......I have a straight forward question here.    What I have gleaned from my limited exposure on the forum is that the amps in Klipsh subs are not all that reliable.  Mine is maybe 20 years old and this is the second time I have had to send it back for repair.  Now....if the dealer had told me the average life of the subs amp was maybe 5-7 years would I have said sure and bought it anyway??

Now that I am in the market again for a new sub,  should I still consider Klipsh?  or...look at better products that are more reliable.?

I have a house in Bella Vista, Arkansas and have been to Hope many times.  All of my speakers in the house are Klipsh so its confusing at best.