OT: OBDII Scanner

billybob

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, CECAA850 said:

You'll need a scanner that will clear ABS module codes the.  Generally they're more $$$$ and car line specific.

Hope Tiger got it fixed. Would hate to be waiting on a fix for too long...meanwhile, that reflashing thing has been fun. One guy said no to just bringing him the ECM to clear the VAT. He wants the whole wrecked truck. We'll see if he shows early next week.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

One guy said no to just bringing him the ECM to clear the VAT. He wants the whole wrecked truck. We'll see if he shows early next week.

It would be EXTREMELY rare to find someone who can work on a bare ECM.  Everyone that can program or clear them goes through the DLC plug (data link connector) under the dash to access the module.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, CECAA850 said:

You'll need a scanner that will clear ABS module codes the.  Generally they're more $$$$ and car line specific.

I don't have an ABS light on, juts the engine light.  When we take a trip, if it does not go off, I will look into this. 

This does not look too bad:

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Mercedes-Sprinter-Professional-Diagnostic/dp/B015DNAMT2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I don't have an ABS light on, juts the engine light.  When we take a trip, if it does not go off, I will look into this. 

This does not look too bad:

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Mercedes-Sprinter-Professional-Diagnostic/dp/B015DNAMT2

If you just want a code pulled, most auto parts stores will do it for free for you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you just want a code pulled, most auto parts stores will do it for free for you.

except in the situation where the car doesn't operate in the light of day.... it'd be cool if those OBD scanners worked for audio applications with the switch of a usb cable platform lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Update finally. After attempt with calling in a local younger dude with his laptop, brought in my old schoolish brother who after checking the neutral switch, stumbled upon a loose ground wire attached to engine block to relay. After tightening, an underline appeared under park auto gear shift dash light. He pronounce, it will start now and viola, it did. Since the sudden impact from wreck had sheared off the electric fuel pump in tank, bro was concerned about possible fire and especially the oil pressure, which was adequate but lower than wanted. Since this indicated to him a small suspect rubber washer on pump leaking by Youtube research, helped decide not to fix but quickly pass along vehicle which sold immediately to another. Will find another candidate before long is the plan.

Meanwhile, a couple of weeks ago, landed a 77 MG Midget which was a project incompleted and sitting for awhile in a garage. After putting motor back together and into vehicle, now onto getting ready to drive more. Triumph Spitfire 1500 cc...and sounding good. Drove one back in the day and liked the hotrod/sportscar feel. Top in good condition for the age. 4 13 inch tires may come today. He  may let me drive...weee