Klipschorn ID help

Huiez

Hello, I have a line on a local set of Klipschorns. The label says K-B-WO and the serial numbers are 6M601 and 6M602. Best I can tell these are mid-seventies. Can some one help with the definite date these were made?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hello, I have a line on a local set of Klipschorns. The label says K-B-WO and the serial numbers are 6M601 and 6M602. Best I can tell these are mid-seventies. Can some one help with the definite date these were made?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Huiez said:

The label says K-B-WO and the serial numbers are 6M601 and 6M602.

Klipschorn-Type B collar-Walnut Oiled.  M=1974.  Those will have Type AA crossovers, K-55V mid compression driver.

How does the price look to you?  Pics?

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Klipschorn-Type B collar-Walnut Oiled.  M=1974.  Those will have Type AA crossovers, K-55V mid compression driver.

How does the price look to you?  Pics?

Well these just came home with me. For $1500.00 I could not pass up. I did not think they would be so large! I will post some pics later. Thanks

• Like 2

A friend of mine from about 30 yrs ago had a pair pulled out three feet into the room and they were still slammin' the bass. I was very surprised.

As long as they sound good to you that is all that really matters, and the price was really good as well. Don't let anyone talk you into instant upgrades...

Bruce

Thanks! I'm not - out of dough right now anyway 😀. These have untouched original crossovers. Yesterday morning I was listening to Chorus II and this afternoon these in the same spot and same room. The bass on these Klipschorns is very good and of a different quality than the Chorus - cleaner perhaps? I am not good at describing sound. The dynamics are definitely superior and they seem even less tolerant of poor source material that the Chorus if that makes sense. I have been listening to a variety of stuff to get a feel for them. The mids and highs were smoother on the Chorus but the Klipschorns seem to fill the room effortlessly big sound and are more strident on the mids and highs. These definitely sound better than my Chorus II but don't embarrass them totally.

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Congrats.....those are very nice. Are these our first Klipsch speakers?

No sir been a Klipsch fan a long time. Growing up in Little Rock it seems everyone had them or wanted them. Started with some 77 Heresy's in 1980, have some Chorus II, and now these. It's cool that my Heresy's were signed by M. Bradford - he also signed these 74 Klipschorns.

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce. I have kind of lousy corners and for that reason I hesitated. But they still sound real good.
IMG_20180929_195853.thumb.jpg.9394a3dc16a2495908f83d47a0cc65e0.jpg

There are plans drawn by Paul Klipsch on how to build false corners for the K Horn. Google DOPE FROM HOPE. If you like there bass now, put them in the corners they require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Huiez said:

Thanks! I'm not - out of dough right now anyway 😀. These have untouched original crossovers. Yesterday morning I was listening to Chorus II and this afternoon these in the same spot and same room. The bass on these Klipschorns is very good and of a different quality than the Chorus - cleaner perhaps? I am not good at describing sound. The dynamics are definitely superior and they seem even less tolerant of poor source material that the Chorus if that makes sense. I have been listening to a variety of stuff to get a feel for them. The mids and highs were smoother on the Chorus but the Klipschorns seem to fill the room effortlessly big sound and are more strident on the mids and highs. These definitely sound better than my Chorus II but don't embarrass them totally.

The difference in the bass sound is due to the bass drivers being horn loaded  as opposed to radiant. This was the biggest difference I noticed when moving from RF-7iii's to La Scala ll's. Yes it's cleaner, faster and more precise.