New addition to my Klipsch family

Alexander

Today I picked up a MINT set of klf-30's med oak with original boxes & manual to boot from original owner (1996?). They sound very nice but the bass isn't much more than my forte II's. I know there  isn't a lack of power from the pair of Emotiva xpa-1 mono blocks, just might need a xo rebuild.

• Like 2

Have been enjoying the KLF-30's a lot. The misses is giving me a hard time about touching them in any way but she will not win on this one! Just order the Audyn Plus & Q4(LF)  caps and inductors to build an all new xover, already have a pair of Crites 3636 auto transformers. Haven't got the chance to pull a woofer to see if this set had bracing of any kind. When I sealed the T-5000's we used Gorilla glue and it made a night and day difference so that will be the plan this time too.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mojomc said:

Looks like the full monty. Any plans for the horns? A55g mid or titanium tweeter diaphragms perhaps? 

Yep, a55g's are on there way, will swap out my ti tweeter assemblies  from my forte II's. Then all that will need to do is finish building the new xovers.