‘82 Belle Klipsch

100dB

Just now, wvu80 said:

You've owned them, used them, bought and sold them.  You know first hand how they sound and what they're worth.  All I know is what I've read.

I understand and thanks, I think.....I'm still using some, and still have a couple of pairs on the shelf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 100dB said:

...I answered my own question (it was a supply thing, with EV being the supplier, if I’m getting it right). So, “now what”, he asked himself... It would seem I’ve stumbled on a true jem. They’re cosmetically great; they’re equipped with rare K-55s; they have the glass tops. Now I feel silly thinking about selling them as opposed to bringing them to “spec” with new crossovers. Hmm...

by the way....can you solder, or know someone that can?  Changing out the caps is easy.

Hey all, I elected to start with Bob’s Crites’ Type A crossover. (The placement of the speakers will have to be as shown in the original pic.) I don’t  think I’ll upgrade any drivers or horns at this time, as I’d like to stay with the original tonal quality. I think a good sub will be next, then that’s it for this project. 

My hunch is this will be just fine. And if not, I’ll have nice ‘82 Belles available for sale in a month or less. 

I appreciate everyone’s help here. Thanks!

• Like 2

I had a pair of Belles with AB crossovers and the first thing I replaced was the crossovers from AB to AA's and that made a difference,but they were still did not have the bass that I thought they should have.I then replaced the AA's with ALK cornscala universal crossovers and they really made a big difference You may want to look picking up a pair of ALK crossovers.I sold my Belles and replaced them with Lascala II's and I miss the classic look of the belles,but the new speakers sound great

1 hour ago, 100dB said:

Hey all, I elected to start with Bob’s Crites’ Type A crossover. (The placement of the speakers will have to be as shown in the original pic.) I don’t  think I’ll upgrade any drivers or horns at this time, as I’d like to stay with the original tonal quality. I think a good sub will be next, then that’s it for this project. 

My hunch is this will be just fine.

Awesome!  Great sounding plan and I hope you can get them to sound good in your listening room.  Not every speaker works in every room.

As a side note you might want to edit your thread's Headline to reflect "(not) selling," Keeping, etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 100dB said:

My hunch is this will be just fine. And if not, I’ll have nice ‘82 Belles available for sale in a month or less. 

I appreciate everyone’s help here. Thanks!

Good move. I hope this works out for you.

Shakey

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 12:39 AM, 100dB said:

1982 Klipsch Belles, with documentation (original receipt, etc). Northern Colorado. All original, including AA crossovers. Glass tops for top hats. Excellent shape. More pics to come. $1,700 (which is what I have in them).

2A113013-681D-4F26-AE81-780FBAF17F8A.jpeg

Is the picture for sale ?