‘82 Belle Klipsch

100dB

I’m open to selling the Belles, yes. They’re certainly better with the Crites Type A xovers, and whether some might feel that this fundamental upgrade was sonically a lateral move or not, the xovers simply needed to be done. I have a subwoofer, still in the box, that I’d hoped to add to the mix, but I’ve not had time. I think the right sub would bring these into full bloom, sonically.

As Belles go, these are quite exceptional. I understand that from my research. I appreciate them, in the broad sense, but I’m not attached to them. I’m not collector, nor am I trying to make a profit.

I’m not that savvy re: this forum and the nuances of utilizing it, but if anyone wants to contact me directly, I’m happy to discuss them further. 

I’m in Fort Collins, CO.

I would tend to believe that "if" you are selling them, then you need to keep this thread as such with a current price, what they come with, etc.  Oh, and also change the title of the thread to not saying "were" for sale; that kind of tells some people you aren't selling them.  So either they are actively for sale or they aren't.  It looks like some have asked about them above.

Ft Collins, CO., huh?  Beautiful city.  I lived there with my dad and stepmother for a short time back around 85/86 range and they lived in the Terry Lake  area on the north end of town before buying a big house on 33 acres out in the Bellvue (I think it is?)  They had an advertising company called Eagle Marketing and had a floor of a building in old town somewhere; maybe on Mulberry.  They moved from Bellvue area after "people were too close and he couldn't pee of the back porch" and bought a lot of land around Virginia Dale and had a ranch.  But that was years ago, too, and they are divorced and she got most everything.  lol. I have great memories of Ft Collins, though.

I added the sub (nothing fancy: BIC Formula12). Combined with the Crites Type A crossover, the result is very listenable.

3D68373D-E727-45CA-8CBA-03E06C7EC6EB.thumb.jpeg.3efcc8cbfc7c327534e62ee67acdfb11.jpeg

The works is being driven by a Nuforce DDA-120. You can still find these on the net with minimal effort, and at a great price. For solid state, it gets most things right.

So, I guess I’ll settle in for the winter with this set up, and I think I’ll be quite happy. Thanks again for the helpful tips, and the backstory about the dual phase plug midrange drivers - they’re rare birds and I plan to enjoy them. You’ll be the first to know if they become available in the future.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 100dB said:

While everything is indeed for sale, I’m going to enjoy them for a while. I’ve been working myself sick lately and just chilling with tunes is about as close to heaven as I want to be these days.

Enjoy the Music