Cornwall in room with large windows?

Northman

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing a pair of Cornwall to put in our main living room.

The size is; 16.5 x 29.5 ft.. 

I am planning on putting the speakers in the middle of the 29.5ft wall.. 9-12ft apart from each other. 
Now, on the opposite side, there are two large windows, 11ft long x 7ft high.. with a fireplace in between them, 6.5ft between the two windows.

What I am worried about... will these speakers be to big, and might do some damage to these windows in the long run?

I mean, fluctuations or bass constantly moving the window panels, might break the seal between the two panels and let air in between them.

Am I beging paranoid? :)

You will NOT have any window issues.   They bass would have to be so loud you couldn't stand it to do that kind of damage (you wouldn't get that likely without at least a SERIOUS pair of 18" subs) .  They will sound great, you will be happy.  I have found, at least in my room, shoved against the back wall, in the corner produces that best overall bass quality and quantity.  

40 minutes ago, Moosee1955 said:

Put a set of thick drapes over windows. It will make the bass sound better, and keep out pesky neighbor's! It's your house, crank em up!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

I know Moosee is serious here, and so am I.  You will definitely need some drapes on those windows.

• Like 1

That begs the question... has anyone here ever broken a wine glass with a pair of speakers playing  a frequency?

-------------------

OP... it's not the Cornwall you need to be worried about... it's that damn subwoofer.

13 minutes ago, Schu said:

That begs the question... has anyone here ever broken a wine glass with a pair of speakers playing  a frequency?

I have. Actually I broke 2 glass casserole dishes and a class pie pan. Have pictures, somewhere, as proof. Several other things have hit the floor, but didn't break. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mark1101 said:

Usually the dry wall comes loose before the windows separate.  You have room for bigger speakers.

And he knows, if a Cornwall could break a window he could blow them out.