WTB RC-64, RS-62/RS-52

King Kong

I have the RS-62, sadly not for sale my friend. 

You might want to open your search to include the RS-62 II's.  According to @Youthman they sound the same but the II's have a round grille instead of the triangular one, and it attaches via pegs and not magnets.

Here is the RS-62.  The natural light on the left side shows the darker cooper looking woofer, the other side I used a lamp and it looks much brighter but it isn't.  The light is playing tricks on the woof but it is perfect.  I know there isn't much to show the size but these are high quality, large, fairly heavy, built like a tank.

Image00023.jpg

Image00017.jpg

• Moderators

Yes, I have owned RS52, (4) RS62 and now (4) RS62 II.  Only difference between the RS62 and RS62 II is a rounded grill and RS62 II woofers look like copper where the older RS62 have bronze colored woofers.

59 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You might want to open your search to include the RS-62 II's.  According to @Youthman they sound the same but the II's have a round grille instead of the triangular one, and it attaches via pegs and not magnets. 

Actually @wvu80 the RS62 II have magnetic grills as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Youthman said:
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

According to @Youthman they sound the same but the II's have a round grille instead of the triangular one, and it attaches via pegs and not magnets. 

Actually @wvu80 the RS62 II have magnetic grills as well.

Thank you Michael.  I'll make a mental note for future reference.

"He who corrects my error giveth me a gold coin."  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators

@King Kong I ran RS52 for awhile and they had absolutely no problem keeping up with at the time, my RF83 / RC64.  I found a good deal on the RS62 and even better deal on the RS62 II.  The RS62 do sound slightly larger, maybe a bit more enveloping, but it's certainly not night and day.

In this thread, I shared my thoughts on the differences between the RS52 and RS62

It's hard to tell from the photos I took when I had the RS52 and RS62 but this photo of the RF83 and RF7 II show the same differences in color between the two series.

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-2.jpg

You can see in my photo below how the RS62 II woofers are copper in color

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, W27 said:

The RS62’s don’t pop up often. A pair just showed up on eBay at a good price. It looks like local pick up only. Maybe you could message him and get him to ship. 

I had to read the ad twice, it said "four available" and there is only a picture of a single, not pair.  Even though the ad also says "speakers" (plural) I bet that is $299 each.

The pic shows the original RS-62.

I agree, it’s a very misleading ad. I noticed it said RS62 II and they were the version 1’s. Because it said speakers, you’d think it’s a pair. I’d definitely message the seller for clarification if there’s any interest. Maybe not a deal at all. 

46 minutes ago, King Kong said:

Yeah I noticed that too. I sent him a message for clarification.

Would these surrounds be better/advantageous to use than say a floor standing speaker(RF82II) for surrounds?

It would really depend on your room and placement of the speakers. If you could describe your layout or post a picture or drawing of your setup. We could help with what would work best for your needs. 

14 hours ago, W27 said:

I agree, it’s a very misleading ad. I noticed it said RS62 II and they were the version 1’s. Because it said speakers, you’d think it’s a pair. I’d definitely message the seller for clarification if there’s any interest. Maybe not a deal at all. 

I emailed the Seller and he replied.  He thanked me for the correction that those are the original RS-62.

He also clarified that the $299 price is EACH.  He offered a discount for buying multiple speakers but he didn't say how much.

Here's a RC-64ii on ebay. 

Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352475894204

Also go on Amazon and they have used in like new condition RS-62ii for $329 each shipped. 

Sold by IQ Home Entertainment

Just bought 2 of them. 

Good Luck. 

Yeah I've been watching that one and a few others.

Here's a RC-64ii on ebay. 

Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352475894204

Also go on Amazon and they have used in like new condition RS-62ii for $329 each shipped. 
Sold by IQ Home Entertainment

Just bought 2 of them. 

Good Luck. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, W27 said:

If you’re going to get an RC62II Fry’s runs them on sale for $168 all the time. Check slickdeals

You mean what I know. Lol.

RS-62 not RC.

I currently have a RC-62II but I would like to have the original RC-64 to match my RF-83s.

• 1 month later...