Norwegian shock and awe

richieb

=== through a chance meeting at a family members funeral, we met and have fast friend with a family from Norway. It’s amazing how much Roy and I have in common with cars and hifi. He has heard or owned many of the Euro big names - B&W, Dynaudio, Tannoy, Diavaliet, Triangle to name a few. Never owned but a fan of horns and Klipsch lore, he drove three hours to experience what is Jubilee. I’ve never really seen anyone stunned before but he was near speechless and what he described as “effortless, better than live piano, seamless transitions, buttery smooth mid-band”. “Puts the latest B&W Diamonds to waste”. “The center staging is perfect”. He kept shaking his head “I can’t believe how good these sound, no matter what you (me) have invested, the best rig I have ever heard. Some of KC’s best BBQ and a blast to 130 in the ‘Cat didn’t hurt things either.  I think he enjoyed his stay — 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That IS a cool story. What's just as cool is when someone who has been a lifelong Klipsch hater......hears Klipsch 'done right' and they do a complete 180 and begin diving into the madness. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, babadono said:

BTW are they coming to the pilgrimage?:)

Way cool story richie.

=== doughtful. Quite the opposite as we are making plans to visit them probably right around Pilgramage time. We’re looking at 2-3 weeks fot the full Scandinavian/Euro auto/motorcycle tour. Saving our Kroners, should be lots of fun —

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Honestly, would love to hear Jubes some day. I turn 60 in a few weeks and will have to start a bucket list, they will be on there somewhere.

Cool story.

=== OK. Depending on dates you are invited for a 60th BDay Jube session. A BDay bucket list check mark so to speak. And maybe, just maybe, a ‘Cat blast to 160? ( please bring cash for bail, lots of it) Ive got good connections to a good tow service and an even better attorney.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== OK. Depending on dates you are invited for a 60th BDay Jube session. A BDay bucket list check mark so to speak. And maybe, just maybe, a ‘Cat blast to 160? ( please bring cash for bail, lots of it) Ive got good connections to a good tow service and an even better attorney.

Spent many years as a gear head, but have gotten soft in my old age. A buddy of mine has a 69 Chevelle and took me for a "spin" about a year ago!! As much fun as I  thought it would be, it scared the crap out of me. How bout a Cat blast to 50? The Jubes are on for sure though. I go to KC at least twice a year.

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

Spent many years as a gear head, but have gotten soft in my old age. A buddy of mine has a 69 Chevelle and took me for a "spin" about a year ago!! As much fun as it thought it would be, it scared the crap out of me. How bout a Cat blast to 50? The Jubes are on for sure though. I go to KC at least twice a year.

=== that’s cool. First gear can be fun too —

• Haha 1