Do non electrolytic crossover caps really need replacing?

Mark51

I read it as well.  I still use mostly metalized film caps.  Can't argue with the sound.

I hated the sound of those copper Jupiters.  Couldn't get them out of my equipment fast enough.  Not for me.

So quality of part is only one characteristic to consider.  You still have to listen to them.

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

Oh, man, what a treasure trove! Thanks Dean.

My fave so far by Todd Welti, the "4-Subwoofer Guy" from JBL:  If you've worked through the problem forwards and backwards, checked your math, consulted your intellectual superiors, and made invocations to the Gods, and still your hardware setup is giving the wrong result, you will find that it's a bad cable.

11 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Oh but I care what he thinks, because he has always done what I told him to do.....................

So he can't hear any more either?

Plots are for people who can't hear, they have to see what they're missing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

I read it as well.  I still use mostly metalized film caps.  Can't argue with the sound.

I hated the sound of those copper Jupiters.  Couldn't get them out of my equipment fast enough.  Not for me.

So quality of part is only one characteristic to consider.  You still have to listen to them.

Did you sell the Jupiters?

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Did you sell the Jupiters?

First I used them as paper weights on my bench.  I couldn't believe how heavy they were.  They are actually so heavy I enjoyed just farting around with them.  Juggling them.  Tossing them around.  Dropping them.  ;)  Then I sold them. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

First I used them as paper weights on my bench.  I couldn't believe how heavy they were.  They are actually so heavy I enjoyed just farting around with them.  Juggling them.  Tossing them around.  Dropping them.  ;)  Then I sold them. 

Proper break-in.