Do non electrolytic crossover caps really need replacing?

Mark51

Guest wdecho
Just now, wvu80 said:

@wdecho my apologies.  I have immense respect for your opinion and my poor attempt was meant to be nothing more than that, poor humor.  -Dave

Post deleted.

Accepted. 

Guest wdecho
5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I think you have me confused with someone else.  Feel free to PM me with details.  I did hide one of Deans posts as well.

No confusion. I still remember the insults you directed against me when pretty much the same thing happened with another member selling on the forum. You deleted my whole post about what is facts about capacitors to satisfy your preference for certain members. 

3 minutes ago, wdecho said:

No confusion. I still remember the insults you directed against me when pretty much the same thing happened with another member selling on the forum. You deleted my whole post about what is facts about capacitors to satisfy your preference for certain members. 

Again, PM me with details.  I would like to read what I've posted.  I have no member preference.  I also enjoy factual debate but don't like when it gets personal between members.

If at any time you feel like you're being treated unfairly by myself or any moderator please contact @Chad the forum administrator.

Guest wdecho
11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I think you have me confused with someone else.  Feel free to PM me with details.  I did hide one of Deans posts as well.

I posted a strong response when Dean called what I posted as BS and it got deleted. I was real particular to not make it not personal but rather to post why what he has been saying about his products he sells was BS. Nothing more and not personal. When I defend myself it is called getting personal. It is obvious anytime one disagrees with another it could be called getting personal and be deleted by biased moderators. 

Guest wdecho

Again, PM me with details.  I would like to read what I've posted.  I have no member preference.  I also enjoy factual debate but don't like when it gets personal between members.

If at any time you feel like you're being treated unfairly by myself or any moderator please contact @Chad the forum administrator.

You call it getting personal when you the debate offends one of your friends. I see no reason to hide anything I have to say as you are determined to do. What do you want to hide Carl by taking it to PM. Another no no, disagreeing with a moderator on this forum. You know perfectly well how you felt when your friend was denied to continue to promote products on this forum. 

Guest wdecho

Calling someone a snake oil salesman isn't getting personal?

Pick and choose excerpts all you want to Carl. You are the moderator and I am only a lowly member. And from memory I did not call him a snake oil salesman. I just said someone from Klipsch did and I just posted I have heard about it. Twisting my words. 

Here's a copy and paste of your post.

Exactly what has been done to many people on this forum from a snake oil salesman.

I didn't twist anything.

The reason I wanted a PM was so that you could post a link for me so that I could read how I insulted you in the past as I don't recall ever doing so.  If I did, and saw what I wrote was inappropriate, then I would apologize to you.  There was no need to muck this thread up any further.

Guest wdecho
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Here's a copy and paste of your post.

Exactly what has been done to many people on this forum from a snake oil salesman.

I didn't twist anything.

The reason I wanted a PM was so that you could post a link for me so that I could read how I insulted you in the past as I don't recall ever doing so.  If I did, and saw what I wrote was inappropriate, then I would apologies to you.  There was no need to muck this thread up any further.

Another excerpt and I did not mean to call him a snake oil salesman. Why then was not that sentence deleted instead of my entire post? We both know the reason. I did not see it as directing it towards Dean. You obviously did. I know exactly how you feel about me and I personally do not care. I try to speak the truth and be honest with everyone here. I have tried to be nice to you ever since the event you are fully aware of but have only gotten the cold shoulder from you . And to think I helped you with your AmpCamp build years ago. 

Guest wdecho
12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There was no need to muck this thread up any further.

Of course you do not want anything more said about you. Being a moderator you can decide what gets said on this forum. Delete post when you choose to and let others get by saying anything they want to if they are a friend of yours. In they past if they were a friend they could peddle their products on this Klipsch forum. Still mad about your friends not being able to sell here? Do you remember now? 

• Moderators

I'm just now seeing this thread.  The forum is not a place to bash another person....period.  I don't feel Dean's comment was appropriate, which seems to have sparked the bantering back and forth and thus why his comment was removed.  Your comments were removed because they were a direct attack on Dean and his product. 

I'm not choosing anyone's side but my view is if you disagree with a product someone sells, simply don't buy it.  No need to bash them or question their character in an open forum. 

Moving forward, let's keep it civil or the thread will be locked. 

6 minutes ago, wdecho said:

Why then was not that sentence deleted instead of my entire post?

Neither I nor any other moderator edit individual posts.  I've let you have your say.  This thread is no longer about capacitors.  Any problems with me or any other moderator need to be addressed to the forum administrator or by using the "Report Post" function.  My apologies to the OP.

Yeah, so anyway... Yes, they are worth replacing.  I've been through 3 sets of Heritage speakers (over 40 years old) with original caps and all benefited from replacement.  I would add that it is probably a good idea to spend some time listening to the originals so you can hear what you are comparing.  Best of luck, whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Guest wdecho
19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Neither I nor any other moderator edit individual posts.  I've let you have your say.  This thread is no longer about capacitors.  Any problems with me or any other moderator need to be addressed to the forum administrator or by using the "Report Post" function.  My apologies to the OP.

PM me my post you deleted and I will retract what you deem inappropriate and repost. Does not make sense to me to delete entire post when one sentence can be deemed offensive. But this is the Klipsch forum. 

3 minutes ago, wdecho said:

PM me my post you deleted and I will retract what you deem inappropriate and repost. Does not make sense to me to delete entire post when one sentence can be deemed offensive. But this is the Klipsch forum. 

Your post in it's entirety is being PM'd to you.  There's not much, if anything that is not insulting in it.

Now you PM me a link to a post where I personally insulted you on the open forum.