2 K-Horns and Belle for sale

opentextpsg

Greetings. 

You must reply to   ANYNAMEJAY@YAHOO.COM   .  Can not reply to email from forum.

For sale to highest bidder.  Contact  anynamejay@yahoo.com.  Can provide pictures and serial numbers.

Father's Pair of K-Horns and a Belle in garage since 1996.  Veneers are shot but structures are sound.  Last checked 3 years ago all drivers work.  Want them out of garage.  Do remember the K's are 185# the Belle 150#.  Can offer no assistance with loading on truck.   Must be removed by end of October.  Local pickup only.  Columbus Ohio 43214.

Apologies again for previous post.  Had no idea.

Edited by opentextpsg
Add reply email address
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, opentextpsg said:

Aplogies again for previous post.  Had no idea.

We've had other people come here to dispose of Klipsch speakers after the death of a loved one and it's really difficult because there is a financial part and an emotional part.  You are doing the right thing.

I'm glad someone was able to help you understand those speakers had some value.  Let the free market determine where their next home is. 

Good luck.  :)

With all due respect to you for the death of your father, there's something odd going on here.  Allow me to explain.

In August of 2007, you had two Klipschorns and one Belle for sale.  By early October 2007 you said all three were gone.

You turned up again yesterday and offered two Klipschorns and one Belle for free.  You clearly knew they were worth something the first time around...

Now you post what I presume are the same three speakers for sale "to highest bidder", with a different email address than last night.  You say they must be removed by the end of October, but don't provide a date when your auction is officially over.

As someone already pointed out, this isn't eBay.  People here are generally good people, as evidenced by someone letting you know they have worth.  You might consider posting photos, serial numbers, and prices.  

IMO you'll have better success if you just lay your cards out.  Flame all you want at me, I'm not bidding.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, opentextpsg said:

Greetings. 

For sale to highest bidder.  Contact  anynamejay@yahoo.com.  Can provide pictures and serial numbers.

Father's Pair of K-Horns and a Belle in garage since 1996.  Veneers are shot but structures are sound.  Last checked 3 years ago all drivers work.  Want them out of garage.  Do remember the K's are 185# the Belle 150#.  Can offer no assistance with loading on truck.   Must be removed by end of October.  Local pickup only.  Columbus Ohio 43214.

Aplogies again for previous post.  Had no idea.

Any pictures ?

7 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

With all due respect to you for the death of your father, there's something odd going on here.  Allow me to explain.

In August of 2007, you had two Klipschorns and one Belle for sale.  By early October 2007 you said all three were gone.

You turned up again yesterday and offered two Klipschorns and one Belle for free.  You clearly knew they were worth something the first time around...

Now you post what I presume are the same three speakers for sale "to highest bidder", with a different email address than last night.  You say they must be removed by the end of October, but don't provide a date when your auction is officially over.

As someone already pointed out, this isn't eBay.  People here are generally good people, as evidenced by someone letting you know they have worth.  You might consider posting photos, serial numbers, and prices.  

IMO you'll have better success if you just lay your cards out.  Flame all you want at me, I'm not bidding.

Good point.  It's been since 1996.  Not sure I would have been sitting on them for 22yrs.  BUT cars do sit in the garage for a long time.  Just don't like the way they went from free to highest bidder in two different threads.  Keep them together so actions can be correlated.  At least put a pointer to the first.  Added original posts.

Did the trade for LaScalas fall through?

• Like 1

In the “offer rescinded” post, the OP claimed that of the 32 inquiries, no one asked for pictures. That’s not true, since I asked for them. All I got was a follow up email saying they were now for sale - and still, no pictures. 

Originally, the OP just wanted them out. Now he wants a good home for them.

This is not an auction site, and this is starting to look a little sketchy. 

Based on the condition. I will drive up and take them off your hands if you PAY ME $250 for my time and gas. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deang said:

In the “offer rescinded” post, the OP claimed that of the 32 inquiries, no one asked for pictures. That’s not true, since I asked for them. All I got was a follow up email saying they were now for sale - and still, no pictures. 

Originally, the OP just wanted them out. Now he wants a good home for them.

This is not an auction site, and this is starting to look a little sketchy. 

Based on the condition. I will drive up and take them off your hands if you PAY ME $250 for my time and gas. 

I asked for pictures also, and so did USNretired

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

So these went from "free" to "highest bidder" in 24 hours?

Hmmmm......😕

No they went from "for sale" to "free" to "highest bidder" in 11 years! 

"Fathers pride and joy"

I'm sure dad would be proud.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

With apologies to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young:

Klipschorns and Belle are sitting,

In a building all alone,

No photos or serial numbers, 

"For sale" in Ohio

I went back to Ohio 
But my city was gone 
There was no train station