Cornwall motor board woofer relocation

Klipschguy

It is my understand the new Cornwalls have the woofer mounted 6" higher on the motor board to help reduced the cabinets' standing wave issue.  Has anybody here made a new motor board for older Cornwalls to locate the woofer 6" higher?  I am not sure if the motor boards are screwed on or glued on (glued would probably be pretty difficult to remove).  If motor board removal was not too difficult, it might be a worthwhile modification.

The CW cabs are the easiest to make of all the Heritage line (with the exception of the Heresies, of course).

Rather than modify and possibly damage existing cabs, I suggest you just make new ones. The plans have been posted on the forum many times. 

I have a pair of 1986 CW IIs that have cab damage from poor packaging in shipment. One day, I will have (or I will make) new cabs, and put the woofer to the new height on the motorboard.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Klipschguy said:

If motor board removal was not too difficult, it might be a worthwhile modification.

If you're going to go through the trouble of making / changing the motorboard it may be worth while to look into some CornScala options at the same time, larger mid horn would likely be a bigger improvement over changing the woofer location IMO just a thought. 

• Like 1